Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Black and white prints    

Black and white prints

mojcafurlan
Slovenia

Black and white prints

I found a lot of wanderful, colourful printables on this pages. But since I am teaching 6 classes of 20 and more pupils, I can not print those worksheets in colours. What do you do, do you give the handouts out in colours anyway? Or do you just copy them in black and white?

Another problem I came accross to. When I am making a workhseet, I usually use the photos from google. But some are in a really big format and even if I resize them in photo shop or any other program, they still make my document huge. Do you know how to resize the photos in word?

Thank you all for all the wanderful material you�ve posted on this site, my children love them!

Greets from Slovenia,
Mojca

7 Nov 2008      

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi,

You can remove guards and colours or you can print them only in black. Printers have that option.

As regards the size of the images, Logos has a very good tutorial   HERE

Smile

7 Nov 2008     

juvelry
United Arab Emirates

Hi,
hope you are doing fine. As for your problem, sometimes as it was already said by Tere-arg you can remove coloured elements or try to encrease the brightness of the picture - sometimes it works to take colours away.
I was thinking about this problem as well as most teachers have big classes, and I in turn will tyr to make some worksheets which are black and white for you guys to have no probs to print them for big number of kids. Hope so... :)
Take care, cheers,
Aleena (juvelry).Smile

7 Nov 2008     

Katia del Pilar
Peru

Yes, you can keep the original ones with colours, but when printing, you could remove them.
The quality is the same, and your students might enjoy decorating them as homework.
: )

7 Nov 2008     

trelly
Argentina

Also, you can choose to print in grayscale directly from word (go to file/print and choose properties (marked with a pink square)

There, go to advanced Properties, and choose "continue" when a pop up appears.

Finally, choose grayscale and choose "Ok"

You are ready to print your colourful ws in black and white :)

Perhaps it�s not as good as an original black and white print, but it works when there are many colour images you don�t want to take out from the ws!

7 Nov 2008     

mojcafurlan
Slovenia

Thanks for your answers:)  I know how to print in bw, I just wanted to know what you teachers do, if you copy them in colours which is expensive or you do as me, print/copy them in bw. Some worksheet really loose soooo much when printed in bw:( So maybe it is sometimes better to make printables with bw photos in the first place as juverly proposed...
Does anybody have experience in working with smartboard?

Thank you tere-arg for the link, i will try to make my photos smaller that way, let�s see if it works, photo shop doesn�t help me much because it only makes the size and the quality smaller, it doesn�t compress them enough...

Greets and a great weekend to you all!
Mojca

8 Nov 2008     

svetic
Kazakhstan

Hi,
try to find some free e-books bw, for example "Crazy pictures", here uztranslations.net.ru.

GREETS FROM Kazakhstan, Svetic

24 Nov 2008