Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Looking for an actvitiy    

Looking for an actvitiy

Emy Lee
Canada

Looking for an actvitiy

Hi everyone,

I �m looking for an activity I remember doing a long time ago. I can �t remember how it was called, though.

Students had to assign a seat to a number of guests around the same table depending on their profile.

Example: Ms. Porter is a vegetarian and Mr. Donavan loves hunting. There �s a possibility that they might not get along very well during dinner. Though, Mrs. Young works for an animal protection group, so she might enjoy Ms. Porter �s company. And so on.

Anyone knows what I �m talking about?

Thanks for your help ^^

8 Nov 2009      

Lana.
Ireland

Wow!..

If you do find it, I would also very much like to see it, for sure.

Sorry can �t help, but eagerly waiting...

8 Nov 2009     

amirhosseini
United Arab Emirates

I read about this speaking activity in Penny Ur �s Discussions that Work. This type of speaking activity is called "Layout Problem." I checked to see if the book can be viewed onlined and I got one page of the book with the picture of the dinner table here on google book:

I hope this will help.

8 Nov 2009     

cristinacarre
Spain

Hello I am looking for some activities and the book and others about Winnie the Witch.

Can somebody help me?. thanks a lot.

13 Nov 2009