Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Cool but not very childish song for 10-year-old kids?    

Cool but not very childish song for 10-year-old kids?

rakelica
Spain

Cool but not very childish song for 10-year-old kids?

Hi all!

I would like to find a cool song for my 10-year-old kids, the thing is everything I find is a bit "childish". I know they are still kids but all these songs "if you�re happy and you know it" or "twinkle twinkle little star" seem to be for younger kids and they know itDisapprove (they think they are older enough now that they are in their last year at primary!!!).

Do you know any cool song not very childish but still easy enough for them (and fun, of course!).

Any help will be very much appreciated as usual.

Have a great day

10 Nov 2009      

rakelica
Spain

oh yeah! I forgot to mention that it�s for a show so, anything with dancing or boys against girls routine would be great! thanks again

10 Nov 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Tweenies "Best friends forever"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYsVBcepYv8&feature=related
and here is the same song in Spanish (I hope LOL) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDloPP6R_e8&feature=related   . Lyrics you can find on the net, but I do not know if it �s possible to download it somwhere.

10 Nov 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Hi Rakelica!

...I would ask your students what song they would like to sing and dance!

They might surprise you!

My 10-year-olds are crazy about High School Musical or the Jonas Brothers...

Some time ago I used the song Build me up by The Foundations and they loved it!

Plus, all the parents knew the song and were very happy to sing it along with their kids.

Good luck!

Cyn

10 Nov 2009     

Thalia Gralik
Brazil

Darling:
"DO RE MI" - the song from the film: "The Sound of Music" ... well, at least my 5th graders loved the song and the film.
Hope you like it!
Kisses,
Thalia

10 Nov 2009     

isabelle99
Monaco

Try kira knightley "colors"

10 Nov 2009     

rakelica
Spain

thank you all for your kind answers, I�ll definitely try some of your ideas!!

11 Nov 2009