Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Christmas plays for children    

Christmas plays for children

mailis
Greece

Christmas plays for children

...and soon it will be Christmas!

I have been surfing on the Net, in order to find short plays for Christmas for my little ones (8-13 years old) but I haven �t found anything that matches my criteria. I am looking for short, simple dialogues which will be easy for them to memorise and act out. Do you know any relevant site? (or any printable that i could download)

If you have any other ideas than role playing, please share.... I think we should start thinking about it.....

An activity that I did last year is the following: I asked them to bring a box of shoes and things that they could glue on it  like different pieces of fabric, stickers, ribbons.... (I asked them to be imaginative and a student brought pasta :farfalle, which was quite original!!!) The outcome was very nice and we had a nice time while creating it...

Have a nice daySmile

13 Nov 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

Lovely idea - I do that when we learn senses - they touch and smell stuff with eyes closed.
PS: as for the role play, check pm

13 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Just an idea.
Sometimes it �s more inspirational for the kids to make their own play.
If you create the framework, they can contribute the dialogue.
The process is just as educational, if not more, than just learning a script.
You could try using, The Night Before Christmas.

13 Nov 2009