Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Formatting ws    

Formatting ws

alex1968
Greece

Formatting ws

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I �ve made a ws that �s supposed to look like this:

but when I try to upload it, it looks like this
I know that the fonts can be a problem, but even when I change them, I still have overlapping of the 2nd page (B&W version) onto the 1st page.Confused

I think something about formatting fonts caught my eye at some point, but I can �t find the thread... and besides, I have no idea how to format a ws!
Also, I �d like the ws to be editable because I do make typos.
Perhaps if I format the font the problem would be solved?

Any ideas?
I �d appreciate it if anyone could give me any info on how to format, or perhaps send the the thread to this info etc.

Hope you �re all having a lovely Sunday!
Since we �re done with sailing competitions, I finally found some time to stay at home, relax and create Smile

Thanx in advance for any help on this prob
Hugs from overcast ThessalonikiHug
Alex

15 Nov 2009      

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi Smile

Try to change the font. It has already happened to me and it was because I chose "segoe print" font.

Hope it will help
Manuela

15 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Some suggestions:

Before inserting WordArt, open Publisher, insert the WordArt and configure as you want in your document. When it �s done, right-click on it and choose "save as image". Save it in your computer. Open the word document and insert this picture in it. It won �t change and it �s not heavy.

Before sending your document, group all the boxes and images.

Click on an image + CTRL. Keep pressing CTRL and click on all images. Go to images tools and choose "group". Now do the same with the textboxes. You �ll have two objects now: the pictures and the boxes. Click on one, CTRL pressed, click the other, choose "group". The objects won �t move anymore.

I suggest the use of regular fonts: Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet, etc, which are found in any computer, so the fonts won �t change after uploading. Embedding fonts is an option, but your document will be heavier.

Hope it helps.

15 Nov 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Alex

I am just curious... You have made many beautiful and not-at-all plain worksheets. How did you manage?

15 Nov 2009     

alex1968
Greece

This is the 1st time this problem has happened to me!Angry

I �ll try to do the things you suggest!!!

Many thanx for all your helpHug

Anyone want to join me for a cup of tea???

15 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Thanks, but no, thanks. I only drink tea when I �m sick.

But how about a strong & hot cup of Brazilian coffee?

15 Nov 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Hi Alex, such a long time. Have you checked the page size of the original document? If it is not A4 or legal, it sometimes appear weird in the preview. 

15 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

you should also check your borders & line/page breaks.

Cheers,
AB

15 Nov 2009     

alex1968
Greece

I �ve tried everything!!!Dead 
Changed fonts, groups pics and texts...but nothing works! It �s always comes out doubled over in the preview...Angry

I think AB and damielle might have a point...although it �s just standard A4 size...

AB, do you know what the borders & page breaks setting should be?

I think I �m going to sit on my sofa and vegetate!
I �ll just become a couch potato!!!Disapprove

I can �t understand why I �m having this problem...it �s not like I haven �t uploaded before!
Maybe I �m being punished for not having uploaded anything since the summer!!! LOL

Maybe I �ll try on word at school tomorrow if I have some free time...

15 Nov 2009