Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please, help! Looking for some books.    

Please, help! Looking for some books.

anamarbelen
Spain

Please, help! Looking for some books.

Hello friends,

I am looking for a collection of books I saw in the Net but I can�t find them now. I was googling the topic "origin of things" and I got to a website with a lot of books. I liked them but when I tried to find it the next day it was impossible and there was not recording of the day before in the computer. Some features of the books I can  remember are:

-The name of the publisher or the website ( I don �t remember well ) was very strange and funny. It was a compound noun and I thought It was not a serious name.
-The books consisted on reading passages or stories.
-It was a collection with different titles.
-The books were funny or at least curious.
-The covers were very colourful.
-You could see an extract of the book in the website I visited. The extracts you could choose among were short, medium and long.
-You can buy the books online.

I am afraid I cannot tell you more details. I hope somebody will recognize these books I am talking about although I know it is difficult. Please , let me know if this information rings a bell.

Thank you very much. Whenever I have asked for help, you have always been very helpful.

Have a good week!

16 Nov 2009      

Pastanaga
Spain

what are the books about?

16 Nov 2009