Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A huge favour , please ;o)    

A huge favour , please ;o)

puddyd
Oman

A huge favour , please ;o)

Hi all,
I really need a huge favour , could anyone please download this youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5muyAz5DYM
and convert it into a WMP file and email it to me please. I �m just not having any luck Wackoat the moment with what I �m downloading as it won �t play at my college.
It must be like the funny videos that people email each other .
I need it as a warmer for my reading lesson.
Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Andrea ;o)

16 Nov 2009      

MarionG
Netherlands

I would love to help you and I can download any youtube you want but my program doesn �t have WMP files as an option. Are you sure that that is the file extension you need? My windows media player will also play avi extensions and for school I convert them to DVD files so they play on a standard DVD player. (the problem is that hose files tend to be very big, maybe too big to send over email...)

16 Nov 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

I �ve got it; pm me with your email, ok?

16 Nov 2009     

findthebirdII
Belgium

To download videos from youtube you can use youtube downloader. This program is free and can be found at http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html
You have to download the file first and convert it later.
You can �t convert it into a .wmp file (rarely used, and is actually a photo format) but there are several other options (wmv, mp4, avi, ...).

What I personally always do is put all my movies on a memory stick. I have a special folder with my lesson related videos. In this folder there is also a program that is called portable vlc player. This is a free application that can be found at http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Player-Portable/3000-13632_4-10526524.html.
This program is easy to use, plays almost all files and runs from your memory stick. So even if the administrators resticted acces it should work because you aren �t running things from their hard drive.

hope I could help

Kind Regards,

Jan

16 Nov 2009     

puddyd
Oman

Wow, what an amazing end to a day.I �m totally overwhelmed by the kindness and assisstance that people have shown me today. It is extremely comforting to know that there are so many unknown people out there that are so willing to help at a drop of a hat and have gone the extra mile to ensure I �ve got the right thing. The PM �s have been flying and all this over a four hour period. Amazing..............thank you all again, I truly appreciate your help.
Kind regards to you all
Andrea ;o)
Hug

16 Nov 2009