Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Something strange    

Something strange

apayala
Spain

Something strange

Something I don�t understand. In todays contributions somebody has stolen "place prepositions" from evelinamaria, I tried to report it as stolen but I couldn�t because system says that evelina�s ws is older than the stolen one. I have seen that evelinamaria has uploaded her worksheet also today, how is it possible that the stealer could upload evelina�s ws before she did it herself? I don�t understand anything. I must be wrong somewhere.

17 Nov 2009      

darkknight
United States

That is because if you are clever, you can change the creation date on the file and then upload it.

Don �t know if this helps.

18 Nov 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Apayla
I don �t understand either, but your post is not quite clear, in my opinion. You should have provide the links.
It is quite easy to steal one of the daily uploads, however, I �m not going to explain how. It seems to me that some people have already discovered how.

Anyway, there is one thing I don �t understand: you say that you couldn �t report, because EVELINA �S WAS OLDER ? OLDER?
If it is older, it is the first.
Are you sure you didn �t misspelled anything?
Steal... well, that is easy, getting such an answer... I don �t understand.
Could you provide the links, please; it will make our work much easier

18 Nov 2009     

apayala
Spain

Of course Olindalima.

The are exactly the same and when I entered into the stealers and click on the "report this worksheet if you think it should be removed" and I pasted the original link (evelina�s), the system didn�t allow me to send the report but instead gave me a message which said that the worksheet I was reporting was newer than the other worksheet. Or viceversa if you prefer, the system told me that there was an older worksheet than the one I was trying to report. I was puzzled. I had not seen evelinamaria�s worksheet in the recent contributions yet. When later on I saw that evelinamaria had uploaded her worksheet the same day the stealer had uploaded the stolen one, I finally understood the system message. It had detected that there were 2 identical worksheets but evelinamaria� worksheet had been uploaded later than the stolen one. Now the message makes sense but it is incredible because it can only mean two things:

- the original is not evelinamaria�s, which I am absolutely sure that the original is evelinamaria�s.

- the stealer has found a way to steal the worksheet before she upload her original or as darknight has said above, he or she knows the way to change uploading time and therefore he or she manages to make the stolen worksheet appear before the original one.

Probably he or she has manipulated time to avoid been reported, as the system takes his or her worksheet as the original one and doesn�t let you send the report.

I hope it is more clear now,

Regards,

Ana

18 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I �ve just reported it.

I know how the member could backdate his printable, so I sent Victor a PM, hope it helps.

18 Nov 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

wow the lengths people go to is really quite unbelievable! Pity they dont use all this computer know how to actually create stuff rather than steal!

18 Nov 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Starts to look like some people just enjoy trying to mess with the system. if you �re going to steal a worksheet, why one so recognizable and why one that will show up the same day?
I don �t think this has anything to do with points. Just like people spreading viruses on purpose, some people just enjoy messing around like this, just to show they are able. I will never understand why they like it but it seems they do.........

18 Nov 2009     

jdrc
Spain

iT�SAD.

19 Nov 2009