Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > LISTENINGS IN MY PEN DRIVE?    

LISTENINGS IN MY PEN DRIVE?

Rosahi
Spain

LISTENINGS IN MY PEN DRIVE?

HugGood morning to everybody! Here I am again.  Yesterday I asked for help to copy listenings with MP3 format  on to my pen drive.  Some nice people gave me some places where I can do this.  Well..., I still don �t know how to do it!  How do you copy them? I can only listen to them , but I need to copy them in my pen drive to be able to use them in class.  Can anyone tell me how to do it step by step?  I would appreciate it really much!  Thank you in advance mates!
Rosahi

19 Nov 2009      

highfa
Tunisia

Dear Rosahi,

I give u an example easy to follow.Well, let �s say you are downloading files from this site www.esl-lab.com..let �s say u have chosen to download the file a day at school .under this media (the listening passage)  u can see this option [ Other Audio Options: Play RealMedia | Play Window Media ] u click on play real media this option enables u to save the file on your pc, this is first step.

The first step allows u to listen to the passage on your pc but u can �t burn it on cd, because the file is saved under the extention .ram in order to make it possible u have to change the extention .ram into .wav.Here is the step u have to follow:

Go to this site
media-convert.com, u ll have to fill in the three boxes and click on the blue button ok

In the first box u insert the file u downloaded
in the second box u insert RealAudio(.ra,m)  (u choose this from the list)
in the third box u insert WAVE form Audio format (wav) (u choose this from the list as well)

now the conversion starts automatically, wait for it for it might take some time, then u just have to click on the green button appearing next to the file converted.Your media is now being downloaded with the extention .wav which allows u to play it on your cd player.

Hope it �s clearer now

good luck

Thumbs Up

19 Nov 2009     

highfa
Tunisia

and of course if u wanna convert the media into mp3 file u just change the extention .ram into .mp3 instead of .wav

u just follow the same steps but in box 3 u insert MPEG-1/2 Layer 3 (.mp3) instead of WAVE form Audio format (wav)

Smile

19 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If you use a PC you may just need to right click the link & �save target as �, depending on the website. This will allow you to save the linked file to your computer. So if you are downloading an mp3 file (rather than one you need to convert) this should be ab easy alternative.

Feel free to PM me if you want a more thorough description.

Regards,
AB

19 Nov 2009