Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Help!    

Help!

bruxamery
Spain

Help!

Hi everyone!

Which book is the best to teach children from the first course of ESO? Thanks

21 Nov 2009      

Akanah
Spain

Hi!

I �ve worked with English Alive! , Challenges and High Score. The first one is very easy, the 2nd one is ok and High Score is the best for me. It all depends on your kids. If they are good students, go for High Score. Take a look at these links for further info:

You can also visit http://www.oup.com/elt/catalogue/primary-secondary/es-secondary/?cc=es and download some samples to compare.

Regards from M�laga,
Olga

21 Nov 2009     

bruxamery
Spain

Thanks a bunch!

21 Nov 2009     

Nuria08
Spain

I �m using English Alive! this year, and I don �t like it too much, the texts are a bit boring for students, grammar is not clearly explained (students tend to get confused and need further explanation), and the listening activities are too easy.
Last year, I used Oxford Spotlight, and students enjoyed it much more than English Alive!
Anyway, the ideal book doesn �t exist. Motivating students to learn a foreign language depends mostly on us, teachers. Sometimes it �s difficult and no book can help.
Do you know what my students really like? Printable activities. They usually find them more entertaining and funnier than the book. I always try to include a couple of worksheets or online activities from this site and they just love them!

Have a nice weekend!

Hugs!

21 Nov 2009     

bruxamery
Spain

Thanks Nuria!!

21 Nov 2009