Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > barryfunenglish vs stolen contributions!    

barryfunenglish vs stolen contributions!

papuch
Poland

barryfunenglish vs stolen contributions!

I �m so angry! This is the case of non-stolen contributions. For the last two months I �ve been a member of BarryFunEnglish site- they require contributions just like here. COuple of days ago I tried to renew my membership and I sent 5 of my worksheets (which I had already sent to this site) and guess what they wrote to me! �Thank you for your contribution to BarryFunEnglish.  Unfortunately, after reviewing you submission, the teaching material you provided does not meet the requirements for this site for the following reason:

-Worksheets were taken from another site.Your worksheet � This is ridiculous!!! I �m furious because the site is awsome and I �ve been using a lot of it during my lessons. How can I tell them that they are wrong!?
any ideas?
pap

22 Nov 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

You should contact the owner of the site: [email protected] 

22 Nov 2009     

papuch
Poland

Yes I did that. He responded to my (as he called it) �angry mail � and explained that even if the materials haven �t been stolen he has no obligation to accept worksheets that had already been published. I should read the terms of agreement again and see if he really has such a note there. Ok, it is his site, fair enought but the rules should be clear. I will write to him appologize because I was really angry last night. But what I think is that this is his way of saying: pay me for the access. Well...

23 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hmm, good site, but it doesn �t say anything about worksheets needing to be unpublished elsewhere, just that you need to contribute "your originally created teaching materials to the site. Once uploaded, your materials will be reviewed(within 48 hours) and if accepted (my emphasis) you will be sent a confirmation email and granted full access."

Barry is certainly within his rights to refuse you especially as he hasn �t stated any of the criteria upon which he judges your submissions.

Regards,
AB

23 Nov 2009     

papuch
Poland

You are right alien boy. The criteria are rather obscure... Maybe I just focus on this site and will be posting worksheets and other materials  to people like you ;-) pity though cos I enjoyed Barry �s site.

23 Nov 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

strange idea to be asking us how you should deal with people on another website ... 

23 Nov 2009