Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Video - Asking for Directions    

Video - Asking for Directions

maoopa
China

Video - Asking for Directions

I want to sahre a new video. Asking for Directions.

I hope you enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Mauro

24 Nov 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Mauro,
Don �t you ever getting tired of tooting your own horn?  I think you have been asked to stop doing this (advertising your website) by numerous people yet you persist. 

24 Nov 2009     

gloriawpai
Brazil

I agree with Spagman63. Mauro, you are doing in such a subtle way but we can see the advertisement behind it.

24 Nov 2009     

maoopa
China

I �ll try to be short. I �d call it advertisement if I made money out of it... well, I don �t. Also, if I made money and it were advertising, is it outside the context? (Teaching Materials).
I �ll conclude saying that if I wanted to advertise and not face critics, I �d rather find other ways to share my posts (some people create many users to say different things in different ways).

With due respect to all detractors, take less time to criticize and more time to contribute.

Best regards to everyone (yes, also to my detractors).

Mauro

24 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I �m afraid this maoopa person will never stop. I don �t know what kind of problem he has got if he is not able to understand that if someone will be interested in his site, he can click on the link provided. There are respected and very skilfull members with wonderfulsites (Vanda, Frenchfrog, etc.) who NEVER advertise their websites on the forum.
I remember him saying he will stop with that after the moderators will ask him to. They did and he found another "excuse" for abusing the main page.
Unfortunatelly he behaves the way most people think Americans do. (I really apologize to ALL American members who aren �t like this, as I know loads of them, who are not arogant and pay respect to others. And I also know about members from the USA who asked him to stop it).
And I would also like to say that I am not writing this to spread hatred and disrespect on the forum. I tried ignore this member for some time but now I am happy someone feels the same way I do.

24 Nov 2009     

maoopa
China

I �m sorry MJ Misa, if having a strong belief is to be arrogant, then, I �ll be arrogant.

I could clasify comments about my posts in just 2 categories: The ones who say thanks; and the ones who just attack the post and end up contradicting themselves by cluttering the site up.

I can still take your objections, and I �ll gladly present my points to you. But please everybody, do not keep messing up the forum with your oppinons (the fact that a handful of people agree with you, does not mean you are right - that applies for me also) and send me a PM... just be polite.

24 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear maoopa,
I will NOT send any PMs to you, as I did some time ago and there was no result.
So I will use your words: But please everybody, do not keep messing up the forum with your advertisements.
Thank you.

24 Nov 2009     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

@MJ Misa , see this is what ive been talking about... but anyway remember what you just told me "Luckily most of us live in democratic countries and we all have the right to speak our minds out freely." Nobody has the right to stop others fron saying what they want to say."   by the way can anyone address me to the page where i can find the rule of no advertising?

24 Nov 2009     

Nessie33
Germany

Clap     Lizantiago SmileBig smileHug

24 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@liszantiago - you �ve got a PM.

24 Nov 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello
I don �t want to start a fire, but I have a different opinion; I think Mauro shares links ( of his own web, of course ), but this is what we all do about so many sites we advertise, because we think they are good enough and they can be useful for others. If I have one thing ( mine ) that is good ( at least, I think so) why can �t I share it with all the teachers here? I can advertise all sites, but not mine!!! This seems to me, a little silly. Sometimes we want to be so correct, so honest that we turn up a little ridiculous, don �t you think?

Mauro sent me, today morning, a link to make videos ( animations ). Probably you all know about it and, also probably know a lot of it. For me, this was quite interesting, completely new, I had never heard about it and I would never dare to try, if Mauro hadn �t told me it was so easy.
Thanks to Mauro, I have finished my first video, nothing special, just to learn how to work with that "application".Even so, I am very proud, I feel almost a kind of Spielberg.Thumbs Up
Please, have a look here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RbL80veOg

not because it is a MUST, but because this short animation proves this kind of sharing is useful for us

Have a great dayHug
linda

24 Nov 2009     

1    2    Next >