Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > The book "The Queen and I"    

The book "The Queen and I"

yolprica
Spain

The book "The Queen and I"

Hi everybody, I just wanted to recommend you a funny book for students who are 16-17 years old. I am not sure but I think it can only be found in the simplified version in Spain. I have been reading this evening and it �s really hilarious. Its title is "The Queen and I" by Sue Townsend and published by Burlington.In this fantasy, the Republican Party wins the elections in Britain and the monarchy is finished and the Royal Family is sent to live in an area of cheap housing. The Queen must learn to cook and clean and live on very little money, and her family is in total chaos.

Hope you like it
Yolanda

30 Nov 2009      

epit
Turkey

It seems interesting I read a smiliar book a few monts ago Of course It was translation and what was its name? If The queen reads books.........yes at least its Turkish translation was so.But the book you talk about seems different  Hugs

30 Nov 2009     

-eva
Spain

sounds very much  like "Queen Camilla", by the same author. I read it about two summers ago and couldn �t stop laughing!. I �m glad to hear there �s an abridged version, I �ll see if I can buy it. thanks, it really is a great book.

1 Dec 2009