Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > CONCERNING LAYOUT    

CONCERNING LAYOUT

evelinamaria
Portugal

CONCERNING LAYOUT

Answering to some doubts about my layout...

In fact, I CREATED this layout using the automatic shapes from microsoft word and nobody asked me about using it...
As Alien boy said previously "Victor has mentioned using others � works in previous threads & the general thought was that if you are going to use another member �s original layout (& please note that �s original, not a readily available template) then you should ask that member first".

It �s not a matter of getting points or defending a personal image, but I think my work was violated by this member; someone who apologized twice regarding the same situation...!

If Victor stablished this rule why should someone break it? In fact, I would like to know his opinion about this issue.

Evelina

2 Dec 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Hi Evalina!

That �s just the clarification I was looking for!

yes, the member should have asked permission - perfectly correct.
Edit: I know you PMd them to let them know your thoughts so I can appreciate you feeling that you should shout it from the rooftops by posting it in the forum!
However, in the past, Victor has stated there is no need to report something as stolen in the forum - just report it & wait & see... (he has also commented on multiple postings about the same topic rather than continuing a single discussion thread... but I�m as much at fault on that score by posting here)

Many other members have been �called� when voicing outrage in the forum rather than following standards that have been recommended earlier (& I wish there was a handy central reference concerning forum etiquette & other �standards� related comments/agreements)

I�m not trying to impugn your reputation, just giving an opinion that coincides with many others about appropriateness of some posts.

here�s the rest of the discussion if anyone �s interested:
Stolen Layout

Cheers,
AB

2 Dec 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

If all the members used common sense... Sigh...
It is a standard to STATE your sources in any written work we publish...
IF we upload a copied text, collections of pics from internet, we should add the LINK.
If anyone copies part of the worksheet from eslprintables, s/he should STATE the source as well... COMMON SENSE! No rules needed for that...
POLITE people always express thanks and give link to the original + creator. EASY !
The standard is to ask for permission before UPLOADING the worksheet... The original creator might even help you to improve the worksheet...

Come on, I suppose we are all well behaved, aren�t we? Good manners, friends !

PS 1: if we do not know the source, we should at least write - template from elsprintables / esl page etc... If we do not state the source, our worksheets might be accused...

Good advice to newbies: STATE SOURCEs to avoid any trouble ! BE POLITE! Respect the work of your colleagues!!!

PS 2: Eslprintables is special, because 99% worksheets are EDITABLE. So I can edit the work to suit MY students. I can use the edited version at school, at home... anywhere... but I am not allowed to upload the edited version to internet / eslprintables without asking the creator FIRST... Crystal clear !

2 Dec 2009     

corina2211
Spain

I just have one question: was anybody really told that red is ... � colour or blue is ... �s colour or is it a mock? It �s curiosity...
Thanks, 

Corina

2 Dec 2009     

victor
Spain

Hello Evelina,

I want to say that I definitely support you.

And I am a bit surprised to see some of the answers of your previous post:
I agree that we mustn �t get paranoid, that we should not report a worksheet just because it has the same border, background or fonts, that our work can inspire other teachers...

I agree, but this is not the case.

In this case, that user (who has already apologized) took your worksheet and changed the pictures and the words. It is not just a border, it is the whole worksheet. This should never be allowed.

Evelina, you are very generous sharing your great worksheets with us. We can download and edit them for personal use. But if we change the pictures and the words and upload it again as our personal work, we would be "abusing" your generosity.

Best wishes,

Victor

2 Dec 2009