Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > In search for a good warmer for elementary adults     

In search for a good warmer for elementary adults

naddya
Russian Federation

In search for a good warmer for elementary adults

Dear Colleagues!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a bit confused Embarrassed.

Next week I am going to give a trial lesson in an education company where I am eager to be hired. As you can guess I am trying my best to prepare a good lesson.�

But a bright beginning is half of success, isn �t it? Could you suggest� any ideas, any warmers on Present Continuous which proved to be successful?

I am especially worried because the role of students will be played by the� teachers on staff. I have never had such an experience before.

Many thanks in advance!

2 Dec 2009      

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

hello,  Hope))
As far as I see, you can spek Russian)
There is the best Russian forum for teachers in RuNet.
It is here
http://www.efl.ru/forum/teaching/
You can ask any question you like,or search it.
Good Luck!

2 Dec 2009     

naddya
Russian Federation

Thank you, �nebo_Londona!!!

I will serch it there too.�

I thought that our� creative and generous community could support me as well.�

Anyway, thanks for help!

2 Dec 2009     

naddya
Russian Federation

Anyway, thanks for help!

2 Dec 2009     

puddyd
Oman

Present Continuous Pictures - This can be used as a long warmer or as an excellent practice activity for the Present Continuous. Use some pictures that show a busy scene such as a shopping street, beach scene, etc...one with lots of people doing things. Divide the students into groups of 3 or 4 and tell them that they will test the memory of another group. They must write 10 questions about their picture to ask another group. They should use the present continuous tense where appropriate but don �t have to. It also adds fun if they can name the people and animals in the picture using the names of the people in the class.

Once the questions are prepared give the groups one minute to look at another group �s picture. They then test each other �s memories using the prepared questions. The teacher monitors from the start helping with the forming of questions and prompting a few good ideas for questions. It �s best if you can have 4 or 6 groups because then the learners can carry on the activity right through with minimum teacher involvement.

from:http://www.britishcouncil.org/nepal-teachers-workshop-susan.doc

2 Dec 2009     

naddya
Russian Federation

Anyway, thanks for help!

2 Dec 2009     

naddya
Russian Federation

Thank you, dear puddyd for a bright idea!

I think it will work!

2 Dec 2009