Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > What can I do?    

What can I do?

pilarmham
Spain

What can I do?

Most of the printables I print lose the bottom part. Is there anything I can do to change this?
Thanks in advance.

3 Dec 2009      

Je suis papillon
Argentina

Hi!!!
Try to change the size of the papers that you are using. I think that most of the workshhet are on paper A4. you can also change the size of the "margenes d impresion" (archivo/configurar pagina)
GOOD LUCK!!!

3 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

You can only try to change printer settings, reduce margins. You cannot solve this problem changing something on the Word page. It will still be printed without the bottom part.
Such worksheets are best used with OHP but they are not very suitable for printing because some part of them is lost.

3 Dec 2009     

pilarmham
Spain

Thanks a lot, Baiba and Papillon. I �ll go and try now.
Hugs from Spain.

3 Dec 2009     

pilarmham
Spain

Thanks a lot, Baiba and Papillon. I �ll go and try now.
Hugs from Spain.

3 Dec 2009     

-eva
Spain

As I know you use word 2007, I can suggest: "dise�o de p�gina" then: "m�rgenes", then "estrecho". That �s how to keep it to a minimum. I also use the sidebars, simply pull up or down with the mouse. These are normally visible, if they aren �t in your processor, again look at the toolbar for "vista", then click on "regla", there it is. Hope it helps. Sorry for the Spanish-English mix

3 Dec 2009     

juliag
Japan

In my experience most printers will let you print very close to the edge of the paper at the top of the page, but not at the bottom. So, it takes a bit of time, but what I usually do is select everything on the page (holding down the shift button) and use the arrow cursors to move it all up the page a little.

If necessary, I even change the layout slightly i.e. by lessening the spaces (areas of white paper) between text boxes etc.

Hope this helps.

4 Dec 2009     

pilarmham
Spain

Thank you for your really useful suggestions.
Hugs from Spain.

5 Dec 2009