Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Erasing Worksheets    

Erasing Worksheets

natushka
Bulgaria

Erasing Worksheets

I was surprised to receive the message that 4 of my contributions to the site have been removed. All 4 worksheets are originally mine and have been uploaded again in a black& white version which is easier to photocopy as I mentiond. The fact that it was a B&W version of a former worksheet+ the address to the first one was clearly mentioned!

I believe that when wss have some pictures in it, they become heavy documents to upload and not always easy to photocopy. Evidently, many colleagues chose to download those wss and not the first ones, there were hundreds of downloads, much more than the colored versions.
Every day I see teachers who upload some of their worksheets again (mentioning it clearly) or uploading B&W versions and it always makes me happy to have an opportunity to download something more useful or one that I have missed.
I was not aware of the fact that it is forbidden to do especially when  one mentions it specifically and lets our intelligent colleagues choose.
I am happy though, that those of you who downloaded these wss and thanked me so much, would be able to enjoy them.

21 Dec 2009      

zailda
Brazil

B&W versions are allowed if uploaded in the same date as colored versions. I don �t know about this specific case, but if you upload both at the same day you won �t have any problem.

Have a nice day.

21 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Natuschka,

I remember your wss and they had to be removed. As Zailda wrote, we can upload B&W version the same day as the coloured ones. It �s stated in the rules and we can read it before every upload. Yours were uploaded on different dates, that means it was against the rules. That it the reason why they were removed.
There was nothing personal in it, the rules are clear and we all should obey them.
Hope you understand.
Regards, Michaela

21 Dec 2009     

_babz
Canada

personally, there is no need to upload both versions

when I am about to print my sheets, I just change the printer settings to black and white....and it does a pretty good

I think it �s just a waste of this sites space...Thumbs Up

21 Dec 2009     

natushka
Bulgaria

I have nothing against rules, on the contrary, I was not aware and definitely don �t think it is personal or take it personally.
I �m not sure it �s such a waste considering the fact so many (hundreds) of teachers downloaded these B&W versions as I do so often!! but I will of course respect the rules.
I just feel a bit uncomfortable, though, with the fact that some of the colleagues (luckily a few) are more interested in looking for something that seems wrong, something to report about, than in really appreciating some of the great works we see here every day (and I �m definitely not talking about mine nor about stolen ws.).
But as educators we see these types every day in our classrooms and we simply have to realize and accept the fact that some day they grow up and become adults!!
Happy holidays!

21 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I agree with you that we have some mistake-seekers here who would have more valuable contribution for the site if instead of looking carefully for wss to report they spent their time creating something to share.

In other words, it �s more comfortable for some to be the stone thrown than the glass broken.

21 Dec 2009     

natushka
Bulgaria

Dear Zailda, well said. 
I definitely include your WSs among the wonderful, creative and inspiring pieces of work we have at this site...
This is the only thing I �m interested in; to learn and be inspired by others, not to look for faults or trick anyone (and again I �m not talking about some serious, criminal things we �ve seen lately that had to be reported and dealt with).
Have a wonderful day yourself!

21 Dec 2009     

_babz
Canada

� �I...definitely don �t think it is personal or take it personnally � �

who are you kidding??? You do so, just by your comments and the fact that you took it upon yourself to start a thread on the forum.....so please, if you �re going to complain...at least admit that you are doing so..

as for waste....I meant as in waste of space...I did not mean that your efforts to accommodate certain teachers (those hundreds you mention) is a bad thing...

� �looking for something that seems wrong � � - well, that �s why we have the reporting system, and that �s why us, moderators, vote......after all, we �ve grown up, we �ve become adults....I think we can decide whether a sheet needs to be removed or not...

in any case....., I �m really glad that you now know the rules......HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you as well..

21 Dec 2009