Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > I live IN ... I live AT ...: grammatical usage?    

I live IN ... I live AT ...: grammatical usage?

phil niro
Japan

I live IN ... I live AT ...: grammatical usage?

HI EVERYONE ! MERRY CHRISTMAS . I would like to ask all the teachers herein to explain  the difference between I live IN ...... and I live AT .....I was confused when I drafted my worksheetsCry.Maybe  I was exhausted then. Is there anyone who could share a good website for grammatical usage? Thanks a lot .Thumbs Up

26 Dec 2009      

manjas
Australia

I live �in � a house ~as this is a thing.
I live �at � 3 Melbourne Street Victoria ~as this is a place.

26 Dec 2009     

rakelsg
Peru

Hello,
It all depends:

I live in Peru (country) in Lima (city) in Surco (town)
I live on First Avenue , Lincoln Boulevard , Elm street (name of street, avenue, road, etc)
I live at 1035 Elm street (address)
I live in a beautiful house, apartment, condo , etc (place)
I live on the second floor (number of floor)

I hope it helps =)

26 Dec 2009     

redcamarocruiser
United States

In different cultures, people leave home at different ages. In some cultures it is usual for people to still be living AT home in their 30s.

Did you see the movie about the man who lived AT the airport because he became stateless?
It was based on a real story. Hard to believe that a person can spend several months living IN an airport.

My friend got separated and now she is living AT her Mom �s.

26 Dec 2009