Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > PPT uploading??!!    

PPT uploading??!!

dufffy
France

PPT uploading??!!

Sorry folks, I �ve got some ppt lessons but can �t dowload them!Example, I have one that weighs 3.66 mo (3848704octets) and I tried to reduce it  in  compress Zip but ESL won �t except it ! What can I do? I already have trouble understanding Kb,Mo, octets(!!?? ) Can someone help me!

3 Jan 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

You mean - you can �t upload them. The trick is that they are too big. You can only upload ppts up to 500 KB. Yours are either too long and big altogether, or the pictures in them are too large.
If you use lots of pics, the first thing you should do is NOT copy-paste them directly to your documents, but save them to your PC. (believe me, when I frist started doing all this, I thought it was like a huge labyrinth, but it really isn �t, just try). Once you �ve saved the picture to your PC, you can work with it. If you have a software such as IrfanView (which I have, because it �s easily downloadable, free and safe), you can open the picture with it, reduce its size (depending on what you need, just type 250 or 400 in the left size field and the rest is automatically done) and even sharpen it once - this process reduces the size of images/photos from 350 KB to 35 Kb (cca) - then copy-paste it to the document you �re working on (ws or ppt).
If your ppts are simply too large, split them into 2-3 ppts which you can name part1, part2 and part3. Simply use the existing ppt - if there are e. g. 15 pages, leave the first 5 in part1, cut and paste the other 5 into a new ppt doc as part2 and the last five into the third ppt as part3 (you can even mention it in your description of ppt). Then you can upload them all on the same day as your three daily contributions.
(There are also other ways of compressing them, but I don �t really know them, so I wouldn �t like to venture giving advice.)
Btw, if you use ppt templates which are large even before you write in them (some are really huge, because they contain a lot of graphics or colours), you should use simpler templates (this happened to me).

3 Jan 2010