Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Teen-friendly sites or search engines?    

Teen-friendly sites or search engines?

johanne23232
Israel

Teen-friendly sites or search engines?

I �m starting a research project with my 11th grade students, and they have to find relevant sources on the Internet .  Most of the material on the Internet is too difficult for them to read and throroughly understand.
I �m wondering if anyone knows of a student -friendly search engine, or how I can find info on the net that is written in English that my students can handle?
I �d really appreciate any advice or good links to which I can direct my students.
(by the way, their topics will be varied, but will all be connected to the umbrella topic "Cultures" (art, music, ceremonies, and so on)
Thank you in advance for your help, and happy 2010 to everyone on this amazing site.Heart

4 Jan 2010      

eng789
Israel

You might want to try these links:

general search  -     www.askkids.com   

Cultures, ceremonies, art and music.

http://www.askkids.com/web?qsrc=167&o=0&l=dir&aflt=&q=cultures

http://www.askkids.com/web?qsrc=167&o=0&l=dir&aflt=&q=ceremonies 

Good luck and happy 2010.

Barbara

4 Jan 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I usually find these sites quite good for most things.

4 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

my dear friend aftab57 .....it �s an absolutely AMAZING website. thank you for sharing great treasures here.

5 Jan 2010