Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > I don īt understand why my profile is blocked    

I don īt understand why my profile is blocked

NattyNate
Russian Federation

I don īt understand why my profile is blocked

4 Feb 2010      

NattyNate
Russian Federation

Thanks. I� ve checked my email, no massages. It is interesting to know what was wrong with my account/

4 Feb 2010     

bubacskam
Romania

It happened the same to me last year. Out of the blue my password wasn īt valid any more. I tried everything (even writing to Victor) but nothing happened...so guess what! I had to start all over again, collecting points...Sorry about that...

4 Feb 2010     

conqueror_mko
Turkey

I hope ıt wont happemn to me

4 Feb 2010     

occurin�
Spain

just a thought... have you tried deleting cookies and also trying with internet explorer?
Actually I donīt get why but it sometimes does the trick.

5 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

It happened to my account too before Christmas and Victor reset it. It did not even take 12 hours.

5 Feb 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

Is your account originally nattynate,or is nattynate a new name to be able to post here?--- Has your original account gone including all the printables?

5 Feb 2010     

sinda
Tunisia

i was new on the site and was very happy to find such a site to share my big amount of work and to get points to download other teachers wss, but after 1 week i was surprised that my account was blocked because i didn īt respect the rules...i was the author of all the worksheets i sent. i can īt understand what was my mistake? wish the moderator could send an explanation. the problem is that i couldn īt use the site anymore and was really upset. maybe some of my worksheets got pictures that are not free domain cliparts, don īt know.
i lost all of my points and now i m using my husband īs computer with a new account, and i m really very meticulous about the use of the site.

5 Feb 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

(This is not directed at any posters in this thread but to everyone in general)

The one thing that everyone needs to be really aware of is that you cannot take material from other sources, put some pictures and a border, add some colour to it etc  and call it yours. This is stated very clearly in the rules of the site.

Worksheets that are reported as copies AND HAVE A LINK or a confirmed page from a text book will be checked and if the content is the same it will be deleted.
If anyone has THREE worksheets deleted for this reason only then the account is automatically closed.

(You have a very generous 3 chances, because sometimes for example a new member has not read or fully understood the rules of the site)

Without a link to check, the worksheet will not be deleted until there is definite proof.
When moderators vote they must check the given link and decide whether it is the same content or not. If it is, then the vote will be to delete the worksheet.
You may use texts from elsewhere but they must have activities and your own work added to it. Otherwise it is a copy and paste from the web or other resource.

If none of these examples apply to you, then you should PM Victor and tell him what has happened. Glitches on the website can and do happen from time to time.

There are possibly hundreds of moderators(people with over 1000 points) that moderate at any time and I know that I never vote to delete a copy without a proper link to compare. I think many moderators are also very conservative and think very carefully whether the worksheet is within the rules of the site. Sometimes mistakes can be made, we are all human after all.
So if you think a mistake has been made, please do PM Victor.

Hug

5 Feb 2010     

sinda
Tunisia

none of my wss was deleted...and the account was banned. can you tell me how i can PM victor, sorry for botherting.

5 Feb 2010