Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Phonics for adults    

Phonics for adults

SaraMariam
United States

Phonics for adults

One of my adult students asked me to teach her phonics - which is a totally new field for me and while looking for material I just got more and more confused about what would be the best way to teach her, since there are often more exceptions than rules and I don �t really know how to go about it. Do you have any advice you could give me? Thanks a lot in advance

Big hugs

10 Feb 2010      

marta_marta
Poland

I often use this book. It provides rules and lots of activities. There is also a CD. 

10 Feb 2010     

Tatyana83
Armenia

At the End of New English Gile    elementary or Intermediate there are NICE TABLE- ENGLISH SOUNDS. ))) some general cases and some exceptioms THE TRANSCRIPTION is DEPICTED LIKE A PICTURES  like some FAMILIAR THINGS- students like it.

10 Feb 2010     

kopciuszek
Poland

Hello!
Here is a good website to  teach phonetics, try this one http://www.cambridgeenglishonline.com/Phonetics_Focus/
I hope you and your learnes like it.

10 Feb 2010     

yolprica
Spain

I uploaded last year what I usually give my intermetiate level students. In it you can find all the sounds and examples. I also have lots of worksheets in which I give them the phonetic transcription and they have to guess the word.

Yolanda

10 Feb 2010     

SaraMariam
United States

Thanks a lot for all your advice and ideas! They are really helpful :)

Hugs
Sara

11 Feb 2010