Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > WHY?    

WHY?

nika114
Greece

WHY?

I sent an online exercise and only one point was given which means it was not approved.Can I please know why so I can avoid such mistakes?I want to be very consistent with the requirements of this site.
nika114

10 Feb 2010      

maneluna
Portugal

hi!
if you had 1 point it means that only 1 person downloaded your worksheet... download more of your worksheets and make them interesting and more people will download it and you �ll get more points...

10 Feb 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Nika,
PLEASE DON �T GIVE UP ! YOUR OE are very good !!!!
Well, I think you received only one "Comments on the OE exercise"   but you might have received more points...
One comment doesn �t mean 1 point...
If your OE hadn�t been approved, it would have been DELETED... :-(
Maybe you didn�t check the number of points "before and after"...
You have 219 points and you got 210 points for your 7 online exercises.
That �s 30 points on average for each OE... That �s not so bad, my dear!

BTW, it seems to me that the OE for begginers and elementary ss are quite popular... Your Present Simple x Progressive OE is just perfect!
If you use an intermediate - advanced text or audio, do not make too many fill-in boxes...
In other words, do not ask the ss to fill in too many words...
Make more "follow up" exercises - Yes no questions, multiple choice etc...
It seems to be more useful to include several "easier" exercises on 1 text / audio, rather than 1 difficult exercise...
(eg -  "I have a dream". )
Hope you understand my suggestions...

PS: People seem not to write many comments to OE, but you can be sure - your OE are very useful and they ARE used by students all round the globe. No registration needed for using these OE so they are extremely popular!
You are doing a good job!!! Congrats! Not many people are able to make interesting OEs!!! and you are pretty good!

10 Feb 2010     

nika114
Greece

Dear moravc,
Thank you extremely much for you nice words.And I do understand your suggestions and I will try to follow them.Ok"I have a dream and Ich bin ein berliner" are not easy anyway but I do believe that young people should remember the past.
For example,although I am not a Jew I teach about the Holocaust and show it to young ones.I will upload something some day.
Thanks again
nika114

10 Feb 2010     

Mariethe House
France

@ moravc

I would like to use the OE with my pupils but don �t know how to go about it! Do they each have to have a personal account? Thank you in advance  for your help!

10 Feb 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

To create student groups and have them do online exercises:
- Go to www.englishexercises.org
- Click on My Groups
- Create a group; give it an appropriate name (follow online instructions)
- Click on the group you �ve just created
- Add students: input username and password for each one
- Go back to the start page and Search for online exercises you want to use
- When you �ve selected the OE you want to use, click ont the link �Add this exercise to my students � list � - follow instructions online.
- Students can now log on with their name and password you�ve created for them.

Not very straightforward, but I �m sure practice makes perfect. Try it with a bogus group or student first.

11 Feb 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Thanks Philip. So very kind of you! I will try with a liitle group first ... Smile
Have a very nice day.... Shall pm you one of these days.

11 Feb 2010     

baiba
Latvia

I think that rating OE only on the day they are uploaded to the site is not fair. It solely depends on the people who care to have a look at the OE.
What if no one has time or interest on that particular day?
What if people just don �t bother to rate the OE?

It would be good if the OE could be rated after each time it has been used in the classroom, and it should give the author points in the same way as the printables do.

11 Feb 2010