Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Victor, is it ok to report a ws just because it looks scanned?    

Victor, is it ok to report a ws just because it looks scanned?

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

Victor, is it ok to report a ws just because it looks scanned?

I �ve wondering for a long time if it is ok to report and delete a ws just because someone think it looks scanned, when there is no link and proper evidence that it is really taken from a book?

14 Feb 2010      

victor
Spain

Sometimes it is quite clear that it looks scanned, and it is OK to report it because other moderators could know the original book.

14 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

so let me understand... if it looks scanned but no book or link is provided is ok to be removed?

just another question what if the person scanned hi/her own ws so no one can edit it but it is his/her own creation, will it be deleted? 

15 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Hi Liz,

It �s okay to Report it but NOT remove it on the basis that it is scanned. Victor is saying that there might be somebody that can provide a link back to it, if you think it is scanned from a book.

15 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

But Zora that is why i am asking, i have seen lots of ws being voted for removal just because someone reported to look scanned and not a single moderator provided a link or source that proves to be really scanned. i want to be sure if it �s ok to vote for removal even if there is no source. just look at the moderators � page now and u �ll see.

15 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

I saw some of those. I think the best thing is to download them, if you can see the other page through it or a number at the bottom of the page, then obviously it is. But I won �t vote off unless there is an obvious indication because if I wanted to upload old stuff of mine, I �d need to scan it because I no longer possess the original file to it.

15 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

You are right, Zora. It is OK to report, but we must not vote for removal unless someone finds the source or there is clear evidence (number of the page, for example)

15 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

TY very much Victor, so there has to be clear evidence for us to vote for the removal.

15 Feb 2010