Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > How can I make sure a you tube video "stays active" in the online exercise     

How can I make sure a you tube video "stays active" in the online exercise

Angie70
Germany

How can I make sure a you tube video "stays active" in the online exercise

Hello dear collegues,

I am a big fan of online exercises especially with songs  for listeing comprehension. It happens very often though that due to copyright reasons the videos aren �t active  in the exercise -understandably- of course. But what could one do to ensure, that the craefully made online exercise with the song is possible to use? Are there any signs? Anything to comply with? Who knows and could help?

Thanks in advance :-)

Angie

25 Feb 2010      

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

As far as I know almost any song on youtube which hasn �t been uploaded from the artist or record companies official account will be taken down eventually as illegal.

How quickly this will happen depends on whether the record company are suing youtube, anything connected with Viacom will be.

Live shows usually stay up, anything with an expired copyright, and a few artists such as Lady Gaga have their own youtube accounts for their videos. However, usually these are not available internationally.

25 Feb 2010     

danutz
Germany

you can download them in advance e.g. on www.2video.de

25 Feb 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Oh! If you just want to download them you can get an ad on for Firefox called "Video Download Helper" (or one of the others that do the same thing)

It �ll put an icon next to every youtube video you just click to download.

Funny thing is you can �t do that with Internet Explorer but the online activities on this site can �t be made with firefox!

25 Feb 2010     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

If you install Real Player, it will allow you to download online vids.

25 Feb 2010