Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Open Lesson    

Open Lesson

TriumphTriumph
Russian Federation

Open Lesson

Hello, everybody! In three weeks I �m gonna have an "open" lesson with intermediate students. The topic will be "Computers and the Internet in our Lives". The thing is I �d like to add some grammatical material concerning the topics "Participle I, II" and "Gerund". All these components should be conncted somehow...Can anyone share their ideas? I �d be really thankfulSmile

3 Mar 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Perhaps this may sound too simplistic, but why not have them make lists, then later posters, with the good sides and the bad sides of using them, and they have to use these grammatical structures: e. g. Using the internet is good for... improving our basic computer skills, getting to know a lot about the world, chatting with our friends... for gerund, whereas you can have another group use participles to describe the things people couldn �t do before the computer era and can do now(participles as verbs), another group can try to describe using the comp. and the Internet with participles instead of nouns (like a word bank - what can you do with a pc?- chatting, surfing, informing, exploring, deleting, printing, e-mailing...), whereas one group could try using participles as adjectives (e. g. a failing connection, a virus-threatening site, etc.)...(http://www.chompchomp.com/terms/participle.htm)

3 Mar 2010     

TriumphTriumph
Russian Federation

Thanks really!

4 Mar 2010