Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > A little confession..    

A little confession..

Ana B
Portugal

A little confession..

I�ve decided to delete a dozen of my printables� I�m tired of being reported as a �thief� all the time. I�m not one of those. My sole purpose is to share worksheets that were useful to me. I don�t pretend to offend anyone� but, concerning readings, most of Portuguese contributors use texts from textbooks, just as I do � even those with loads of downloads. I never report them. It�s not my thing. I don�t feel I need to be a moral defender of the site.  I�m a busy teacher, mother, wife.

And, for those who don�t know, I was one of the first contributors of eslprintables. I love Victor�s website � the best for English Teachers. And I also was of one of the first to spread the word about it among my fellow ESL teachers.  

A lot has changed since I started contributing. Now there are thousands of rules. People seem to be competing. Petty little revenges. Reported worksheets. Not for that friendly spirit that I loved about this site.

Now it seems that some people are trying to delete my account. If that happens, I�d be extremely sad but it meant that this not the same website that used to be. I don�t care about points � that�s why I�ve deleted my so called �offensive� readings.  I�m not the revengeful type. And I don�t want to be a part of such a place.

Thanks to Vitor for allowing me to embrace that sharing spirit. I don�t feel like a victim. I just happen to have better things to do. I just happen to have a life outside this site.

Thanks for the kind comments that very nice people write on my work and for the lovely PMs that I receive. Thanks all members for your fantastic work!

Greetings from Portugal

Ana

3 Mar 2010      

Mariethe House
France

I just wrote a long answer and Clicked on the wrong button and it disappeared!!

Just want to say you mustn �t leave this place and feel bitter.

Victor stated recently he is the only administrator of this site and the only one to decide whose account will be cancelled! So just write to him and explain and ...smile !

PS: Suggestion to my dear moderator friends: Instead of stolen, copied , thief...which are very strong negative words, woulld it not be preferable to just say: Acepted/not accepted?
I once registered on a similar site and that �s what they said, giving no explanations . And I thought it was fair!

3 Mar 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hello dear Ana,

Please do not delete your work! I know of some people who are always reporting and they do have copied things themselves. That �s very sad... but I also know that you don �t have the time to be checking all the time the reporting page to see if you have been accused of copying from �Portuguese books � when actually the person reporting has thousands of worksheets copied from �portuguese books!! �..

Please do not stop sharing your awesome work, don �t delete them and don �t keep silent when people so unfairly and bluntly accuse you.

Loads of hugs..

3 Mar 2010     

eng789
Israel

I agree with Mariethe House - you should speak to Victor.
It would be a shame for you to leave the site.

Barbara

3 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I second Barbara.

Regina

3 Mar 2010     

Ana B
Portugal

This is not about Victor - I fully trust his judgment. It �s about the whole attitude towards reporting... By the way, as I said before, I �m not leaving and I certainly don �t feel bitter. Just a bit sad and disappointed...

Ana

3 Mar 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Hello Ana,
I fully agree with Mariethe �s suggestion. Please , keep sharing your great work .Hug

3 Mar 2010     

hujor
Spain

Hi Ana, I just want to join those who ask you to cheer up and feel proud of your work.
Keep sharing your great work. Hug

3 Mar 2010     

Zora
Canada

Goodness! Do not leave!! Talk to Victor, I am sure that a solution can be found.   

3 Mar 2010     

Ana B
Portugal

I �m not leaving! I don �t need to talk to Victor. There �s no need to find solutions for problems that don �t really extist.  I was just sharing my opinion!

3 Mar 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

It seems like people don �t understand what you wrote....

Hugs!

3 Mar 2010     

1    2    3    Next >