Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Need some help    

Need some help

Emy Lee
Canada

Need some help

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother ^^ I �m just asking for some advice regarding a new tutorial class I �ve been assigned to.

My student is a little girl of 6 years old. See, I usually teach teenagers and adults. Even though I �m thrilled by this new challenge, I feel a little ... lost ^^ � � I �ve never had a student that young before.

This is why I �m asking for your help. Anybody has some good advice? Some activities or lessons that worked great for them?

Thanks in advance. It is greatly appreciate. ^^

4 Mar 2010      

afreites
United States

FIRST, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO TEACH HER? IF YOU ARE TEACHING READING OR WRITIG IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET FUNNY ACTIVITIES FOR HER BECAUSE CHILDREN LEARN THROUGH PLAYING BETTER THAN OTHER WAY. ON THIS PAGE YOU CAN GET A LOT OF THEM. GOOD LUCK AND DON�T GET STRESSED I HAVE BEEN TEACHING CHILDREN IN ESL FIOR 14 YEARS AND THEY ARE BETTER LEARNERS THAN TEENAGERS. BYE.

4 Mar 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Just send you PM.  Good luck to you!

4 Mar 2010     

sadeel
Palestine

at this age girls enjoy the princess stories and stickers so try to use their pictures in the worksheets and activities and they can �t stay without moving for more than 10-15 minutes so try to use games that needs moving between every two writing or reading activities, one of the activities that help my daughter alot "she �s 6 too" is to print a beautiful picture that she loves in a paper and let her write something she want to do or any thing about her lessons on the picture with a glittering pen every day then she can color the picture>

and always be creative with her 
best wishes  

4 Mar 2010