Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > how to evaluate.    

how to evaluate.

cristinacarre
Spain

how to evaluate.

where I can find a evaluate stencils.
how evaluate our students.
where we can find different ways to evaluate.

4 Mar 2010      

abuayyash
Palestine

Hi there,

Evaluation in ESL/EFL classes is a basic part of teaching/learning process. It is very essential to provide us with more details about your target group ( sts), their ages, the courses they take, potential evaluation tools followed at your school, etc.

However, students are generally evaluated in terms of their acheivement, class work,quizzes, presentations, and attendance.

As a university lecturer, I follow a grading scale to evaluate my sts for a semester. The scale allocates 20% marks for the first hour exam, 20% marks for the 2nd hr exam, 10% marks for class work ( assignments and participation), 10% marks for quizzes (at least 2), 5% marks for presentations, 5% marks for attendance, and 30% marks for the final exam. The total is 100%. Then, the sts � marks are given values in letters i.e. A is 95% and above A- is 90-94, etc.

Hope this will help.

Abuayyash   

5 Mar 2010