Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > transfering points to other acounts (thanks for showing me i made a mistake)    

transfering points to other acounts (thanks for showing me i made a mistake)

rudiwals
Thailand

transfering points to other acounts (thanks for showing me i made a mistake)

Hi i have accumulated quite a few points by now so many in fact i would like to share them with my co -workers now i don �t want to give my co -workers my password etc. but i made a separate account for them and uploaded a worksheet which in turn i will download a number of times so i will lose the points and they will gain them now the problem is 1 don �t know if this is even allowed to do although i guess it shouldn �t be a problem since i lose and they gain so that should balance out the only problem i can see is that particular worksheet gets higher on the list than it should be.
so i was wondering if we can �t make a donate/transfer points function on the site so people can share their points without having to give other people their details or downloading the same worksheet over and over again.
i should have asked this before but if what i did wasn �t allowed (downloading the same sheet multiple times) please let me know so i won �t do it that way again i mean i like my co-workers but they are not worth getting banned over.

9 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi! I �m sorry my asking, but why don �t your co-workers open their own accounts and contribute with their own work like the rest of us do? Why should they get the priviledge to download our work if they don �t share their work with us? What gives them the right to take without giving? I �m afraid I totally disagree with your proposal because it has nothing to do with the spirit of the site. But I �m open to hear other opinions on this.

Have a nice day,
mena

9 Mar 2010     

TSTF
Portugal

I totally agree with Mena! They should give their contribution like we all do. Have a nice day.

9 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

In principle I agree with mena. However, thinking about it, I have a colleague who has been very sick and is just returning to work. We have some of the same levels so if I �m using a good worksheet I often give her a copy of it. Again - this may be against the principles of the site but she �s a friend and I hate to see her struggle. When she �s better, I �m sure she �ll contribute to the site.

I guess I do think that people should contribute to download but there may be exceptions. Perhaps rudiwals could show his colleagues how to make good contributions? Maybe point them towards the tutorials and templates sections - I �ve found them to be very useful.

9 Mar 2010     

lamisadel
Turkey

I think it is not fair that others reap what you sow .
they can start like everybody here , giving their contributions and they will be able to download .
have a nice day .

9 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi there,

Rudiwals, I applaud you for such a collegial approach to your work. However, I just came back from a seminar on internet security that was given for my 7th and 8th graders. You wouldn �t believe the things people do online. Think about it.

Also, are you sure this is according to what Victor wants this to be....a give and take...not a take and maybe give....I mean there are people who never give again after they have reached premium status...that�s bad enough....

Regina

9 Mar 2010     

Zora
Canada

Honestly, I don �t see what the problem is... he is contributing and helping his fellow colleagues out at the same time - which is totally acceptable in my opinion. I have given away worksheets to newbies here to help them get started and my sister uses my account to download stuff for her classes since she doesn �t have time to contribute. Besides, why should a center as is my case, have two accounts when we both work at the same place and teach more or less the same types of students?? 

I enjoy contributing here - whereas my sister doesn �t have the time nor the creative ambition to do so, although she enjoys the worksheets found here. So I let her use my account because I do contribute and I am never going to use all my points. I have told her the only stipulation is to leave a "thank you" behind each time that she downloads something from here. So, in a way, she is helping me "spend" my points and help out others! Thumbs Up

And truthfully, if rudiwals wants to download the same worksheet 500 times that �s his prerogative. He can "spend" his points as he sees fit.

9 Mar 2010     

zoemorosini
United States

It is a choice by each member if they want to email things for free to others out of the goodness of their hearts.  However, donating points to those who haven �t contributed seems contrary to the original spirit of the site.  I �m with Mena.

Zoe Morosini

9 Mar 2010     

Katiana
Spain

I agree with Mena, lamisadel, blunderbuster and zoemorosini.  I suppose rudiwals  is talking about this particular worksheet:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=379709#thetop

which had over 100 downloads before it came active today and with no comments at all, which was obviously very strange. I have often helped new members  get their first points, but I have never downloaded the same ws a hundred times. You only need 30 downloads to become a premium member and have access to the 30 free downloads a day. I believe in the share and take spirit of this site, that is the purpose of ESL Printables and I�m sure Victor did not create it to do what Rudiwals says he has done. I would like to know Victor�s opinion here in the forum, he is the owner of ESL Printables and according to his rules we can�t have more than one account.

Have a nice day

Katiana

9 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi there,

People can change their user names and nationality as they please and nobody even knows if these people even exist. Fact is that nobody can stop people from abusing this site, this discussion is pointless. Abuse includes sending downloaded ws to other people by email, that clearly falls under the "redistribution" rule stated on each ws �s page.

Rudiwal�s motives are honorable ones, but guys, do keep in mind that anything and everything you do online can eventually be traced back to you, at least if you do not use a public computer and especially if you share an account with others. Everything is published here in your name can come back to haunt you.

Teachers should not think that ends always justify means, no matter what.

Regina

9 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I am absolutely with Katiana, even thought this is not probably a case of multiple account. But as I understood, the account should be used by more members so I really don �t understand why several people can �t make a few wss?! Sorry, but this seems very strange to me. I think there are no rules broken, but this is not what this site was created for, is it? I also believe (as Katiana does) that Victor should say something to this.

Have a nice day, Michaela

9 Mar 2010     

1    2    Next >