Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > A good hint is welcome!!!    

A good hint is welcome!!!

mredsilva
Brazil

A good hint is welcome!!!

HI, peeps!

I work in a bilingual school in Brazil and i need some hints and/or ideas for an eglish day. Can you help me, please? Thanks a lot.

10 Mar 2010      

arulr_raj
Sri Lanka

first decide on your events.. are you going to give prizes or certificates for your children? then u must plan ur events according to that..  a prize giving and events before the English day to complete it
 copy writing
Creative writing
Prepared speech
Impromptu speech
Recitation
Dictation
drama
songs
songs with dances

and u can have whole list of events , on the final day u can have winners programme + the prize giving
 have a happy English day

Raja

10 Mar 2010     

Montypython
France

Hi!!!

It could also involve food, an English meal or a tea party.

Or posters from your students about Britain or English speaking countries

have fun!!!!!! Smile

10 Mar 2010     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I highly recommend an english song contest.
For younger children a nursery rhyme presentation.  The kids dress up do a big nursery rhyme parade and then get to compete by presenting their nursery rhyme.  Everyone present at the finals.

Common english games fun.
 -egg or potato and spoon race
- sackraces
- three legged race
- conkers
- hopscotch
- elastics using the english rhymes - Ice cream sundae, bigben strikes ten, tinker tailor soldier sailoretc
- knucklebones
- traditional board games

hope that helps.

10 Mar 2010