Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Creating 15 Didactic Units    

Creating 15 Didactic Units

Crossman
Spain

Creating 15 Didactic Units

Hi!

I have to create fifteen didactic units to include them in my syllabus for the competitive exam in Spain.

Each didactic unit must include a grammar point and specific vocabulary related topic.

For example, I have created a unit with reported speech and compuers, another with superstitions and first and second conditionals, modals with Tv and quizzes...

But I don�t know how to approach teh rest of the units.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Ah! The syllabus is addressed to 1st year of Bachillerato students (16-17 years old)

Thank you!

14 Mar 2010      

kenzi
Israel

hi 
i don �t know if my suggestion would be helpful but here is a list of grammar points and suggested ideas to link with:

*present simple - changing habits / statics about certain subject like smoking, cell phones, etc.. book / movie review.. festivals around the world!!
*present perfect - inventions and how they affected ourlives...
*passive - robbery or any accident repoted in a newspaper or news, you also could ask your students to record news, type them and underline passive voice sentences..
*first conditional - weather and plans for the weekend (if it �s hot on weekend, we �ll go for a picnic... etc)
*present progressive: a live report from football staduim..
* future: fortune coockies or the future teller!!! it would be a nice idea if students bring a crytal ball and pretend to tell the future of each other... or prepare coockies with paper notes about the future inside!!!
* used to: time capsule... or conversation among friends about t.v programs they used to watch..
* past simple: a historical report of your country..

14 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

Narrative tenses and stories

future tenses and holidays

comparatives/superlatives and people/jobs

modals of deduction and mysteries/crime

present simple vs continuous and sports/hobbies/free time

passives and buildings/architecture/history

present perfect simple/continuous and life experiences/famous people

quantifiers and shopping

that �s what comes to mind at the moment! Hope it helps!

14 Mar 2010