Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > i need for a game that work with fruit or drinks    

i need for a game that work with fruit or drinks

iroshcan
Turkey

i need for a game that work with fruit or drinks

Maybe you know some games to teach and practice the names of food and drinks in a funny way.

Waiting for your great ideas...
Thanks in advance

20 Mar 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I usually work with flashcards, no matter if I teach adults or children.

Play "I pack my bag..." with your ss! E.g. you take a flashcard with cherries from the table and say "I pack my bag with some cherries", then you hand the bag over to the ss sitting next to you. (S)He chooses another card, puts it in the bag and says "I pack my bag with some cherries and a roast chicken."

The game goes on till nobody can remember all the food words anymore!! ;))))

20 Mar 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

this member has a few games in ppt here is one though i dont know how old are your students

20 Mar 2010     

iroshcan
Turkey

Sorry i forgot that .My students are at the age of 10.. that is , their levels are beginner ones

20 Mar 2010     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi, You could  play BINGO, memory or you may use a board game.
Have a nice day
sabrina

20 Mar 2010     

diva2402
Panama

I DONT KNOW IF THIS ACTIVITY WILL BE USEFUL 4 U....BUT I WILL TRY TO HELP! i ASK MY STUDENTS TO BRING FRUITS & DRINKS TO THE CLASS...THEN THEY CUT (WITH MY KNIFE) THE FRUITS IN THE CLASSROOM AND PREPARE A FRUIT SALAD TO SHARE....IF YOU HAVE A BIG CLASS YOU CAN  DIVIDE THEM IN GROUPS 4 EXAMPLE (FRUIT GROUP), (DRINKS GROUP), (HEALTHY FOOD GROUP) AND (JUNK FOOD)....IT IS REALLY FUN! ;-)

20 Mar 2010     

delanne29
Brazil

This game can actually be adapted for all topics. Spread some flashcards in front of the class. Make two lines e play chinese whisper. You say a word to the last students in line and they pass on the message. The students in the front grab the flashcard and say the name out loud. It just did this game with food and drinks and it was really fun.

20 Mar 2010     

DanielaCZ
Czech Republic

I use a similar activity, but I use small pictures cut out from supermarket leaflets. There are plenty of colour pictures of food and drinks. I devide pupils into two teams, then choose one person from each team and say a word in English. These two people have to look for the right picture among others on the desk and touch it as soon as possible. Who is the first one to touch it and says what is there, they win the picture for their team. Even weaker pupils can experience success, because it isn�t only their level of English what matters - it is also challenge to find the right picture among dozens of others quickly. 

20 Mar 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Great approach Daniela!! Clap

I �ve always been doing the same activity with my ss but with flashcards! Don �t know why I have never thought about cutting out pictures from supermarket leaflets!! Thanks a bunch for this great tip!! :))))))))))

20 Mar 2010     

DanielaCZ
Czech Republic

Thanks Smile

Supermarket leaflets are great because there are beautiful photos for free... and you can also practise collocations like "a packet of..., a jar of..., six bottles of..." etc. You can use them with other issues as well - kitchen utensils, chemist �s goods, sport equipment, clothes and so on... This is good also when doing roleplays - shopping for example, and it �s more convenient than bringing real things into classroom because you keep all pictures in envelopes... 

20 Mar 2010