Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported worksheets    

Reported worksheets

Vernica
Belgium

Reported worksheets

My dearest friends:

I �ve been attached to this site for a long time, but my last two worksheets have been reported. The first one was reported because one of the exercises had been taken from a website, well It �s true that the exercise (just one of them I want to emphasize) wasn �t enterely mine but I hadn �t taken it from any website but from the elementary Cambridge grammar, so given the fact that the website hasn �t anything to do with Cambridge, who is the one that should be reported??????? And now one of you asked me for the key in one of my worksheets when I tried to reply the message box had a message from the ESLprintables comittee saying that this one has been reported also. I don �t really know (I don �t want to) who has reported me, but nobody answered me the last time so I cannot  defende myself. 
I �m really really sad with this situation and surely I know I �m not a genious and so that I support my worksheets with reliable material.
I want to apologise to all of you, because I feel really bad.Broken Heart
Kind regards
Vero

22 Mar 2010      

Joeyb1
South Africa

Dear Vernica,

If you read the rules carefully, you will see the following rule: 

You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

If your ws gets deleted, you are welcome to delete the copied exercise and just re-upload, ok?  

Kind Regards,
Joey

22 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Just be careful with the rules, delete the exs that you copied from wherever and reupload, this is it.
Yulia.

22 Mar 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

vernica, the problem is that the rules are very clear and they say:

It is acceptable to take a text from other sources (not ESL websites or ESL books) and add your own exercises or activities, but you are not allowed to take an exercise from another source and add more exercises of your own. All the exercises must be yours.

the second thing is that the one who uploaded a ws against the rules was not the site you are refering too but you so they are not to blame. if you have been a member for a long time then you should have known better than to upload copied material.  I just hope you have learned something from this so you can keep contributing.

22 Mar 2010     

Vernica
Belgium

Well, I have read the rulles carefully. Thanks again.
And just one thing, If one exercise says: Mary ____________ (buy) one gift to his brother.
and I simply change: Peter ____________(buy) one gift to her sister.
Well, that �s the picaresque....... how many ways of writing this are there?
I don � want to be cunning but that �s what sometimes is happening.

22 Mar 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

you can always use other exercises as guide, you can make that sentece like   jane (buy) a house for her mother   and that is a complete new sentence and not a copy

22 Mar 2010     

Vernica
Belgium

yeap, Ermm I know what you mean.

22 Mar 2010