Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > I need advice!    

I need advice!

ximealex
Ecuador

I need advice!

Hi guys I need your help, I teach a group of 15 7th grade students they are not motivated to learn english because I �m the third teacher they have this school year. They are not active every time I have a song or a game they show no interest. their level is not so good but now know they have idea about some words and structures. I have only 3 month to finish the school year and I really want to make them happy during clases we have periods of 90 minutes every day PLEASE GIVE SOME TECHNIQUES TO MOTIVATE THEM I �VE TRIED MANY THINGS AND I LOSSING HOPE SO PLEASE HELP ME GIVE ME SOME IDEAS, GAMES, SONGS TO MAKE THE ENGLISH CLASSES FUNNY FOR THEM.....THANKS A LOT 

2 Apr 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Check your PMs.

2 Apr 2010     

kiriakoula
Greece

MY DEAR COLLEAGUE 
ONE GOOD IDEA  WHICH AIWAYS WORKS  IS  MIIMING TECHINIQUE.ASK THEM TO READ  SOME SCENES OF THE TEXTS THEY  DO AND TRY TO MIME IN CLASS THE OTHER STUDENTS  HAVE TO GUESS THE SCENES. A LOT OF FUN.KIDS  CAN MIME VERY WELL  EVERYTHING.
KIRIAKOULA   

2 Apr 2010     

izulia
China

You may find it useful to look at WHY they are not motivated and how to deal with it? I found this free ebook very useful and would recommend it to any teacher.
http://www.behaviourneeds.com/resources/
Hope it will help you in some way. Good luck! :)

3 Apr 2010