Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > How do you make this pizza template an interactive game?    

How do you make this pizza template an interactive game?

hieu_ngoc
Canada

How do you make this pizza template an interactive game?

English worksheet: Pizza
Hi everyone. I would love to know how to make this PPT template (by moravc) an interactive game. Are there techniques in the "custom animation" feature of Microsoft Powerpoint that will make the arrow spin? How do you make this an interactive game?

16 Apr 2010      

moravc
Czech Republic

Hello, I am sorry, I can �t help you, because I can �t make interactive ppt games...
Maybe some powerpoint expert around?
BTW, the simple picture can be used for pizza - vegetables ppt or pie - fruit ppt... :-)
Just change the colour from pink to beige...

You can insert small veggies + names of veggies appearing on after another...

16 Apr 2010     

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Hi hieu ngoc,

for you first question, I can �t think of any type of interactive game that would fit the template right now.

But, I think I can help you with the arrow spin..

----------------------------------------------------
Have you heard of the option [ Triggers ] in powerpoint? It is an effect option. Here is how I would do an arrow spin.

01. Insert/Draw your arrow in the middle of the Pizza.

02. With the arrow selected, open the Custom Animation panel, open Add Effect, from Enphasis menu, choose the effect Spin.

03. Right click on the animation you �ve just added in the custom animation panel, and choose Effect Option.

04. From the Effect Option window, go to the Timing tab.

05. Expand the Triggers option, choose the name of the arrow you added from the drop down menu.

By doing this, your arrow will not spin during the slideshow unless it �s been clicked. If you click anywhere else, the arrow will not spin and you will move directly to the next slide. [ Try it on an empty slide ].

06. You can change the angel of the rotation to choose where the arrow should stop. This is under Amount option that appears when you select the animation.

07. Then you can add your question, animate it, pull its animation under the arrow �s animation. [ This way, your question will appear after the arrow stops. ]

If you would like me to work closely with you on this matter, please PM.

Have a nice

16 Apr 2010     

puddyd
Oman

Well thanks DedicatedTeacher, I �ve learnt something new today ;o)

17 Apr 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

Smile Well, DedicatedTeacher - you are a dedicated teacher! Thank you for the PPT �trigger � tutorial. I understand the trigger effect...I �m now in the process of playing around with this function. Hopefully, I �ll have something useful up and running sometime next week.

Thanks again!

17 Apr 2010