Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > curriculum    

curriculum

fcan
Oman

curriculum

hello guys, can a native speaker ,teacher of a kindergarden,explain me what is the main point in english curriculum in KGs?
thanks!

18 Apr 2010      

lapaoiza
Argentina

Hi Fcan! What do you refer to when you say "main point"? I�d like to help you!

Paola

18 Apr 2010     

fcan
Oman

actually. the main problem is that english curriculum has 6 main area such as literacy, math, psed,phycical, kuw and creative....
this is ok. but what is the main point? which one is the most important ? in my school we are applying a new system and the main thing is (whereas before worksheets) now totaly speaking. but it is really tiring to find smt to talk about these 6 area as they should be related to each other.
so i dont know what to do:/

18 Apr 2010     

lapaoiza
Argentina

I don�t know if this will help you... but, if you are teaching ESL, all languages have four skills: writing, listening, reading and writing...

Here, in Argentina, English (in most of the schools) is another subject... so we try to apply and teach this language involving all these skills... none of them is more important than the other... I focus on the topic dealt and teach it for them to find it useful. 

If you have a group and you have to teach them English four hours a day, that is a different thing... I have groups but I meet them twice a week (at most) for 45 min.

I don�t know if your question is related to the way I teach or another one. Sorry... =S

If not, keep on answering... we�ll get to the answer your are looking for.

Regards, 

Paola

18 Apr 2010     

fcan
Oman

anyway. thank you very much

20 Apr 2010