Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Digital material for smart boards    

Digital material for smart boards

szamoca
Hungary

Digital material for smart boards

Dear Colleagues,
I need your advice in the following: My school wants to buy digital material for teaching English especially for smart boards /interactive board  I know that there are some coursebooks that have their own digital material but I wonder if there are any such materials which are practical, useful, ready and can go with any coursebooks and can be used in a secondary school(Ss  age 15-22)
Please let me know if you know anything like this.
Especially my dear Hungarian colleagues if you happen to know good digital material that would help the preparation for the matura exam please tell me.
I have to give an answer for my hadmaster on Monday.
Thanks a million in advance!

21 Apr 2010      

mrlypy
Brazil

MY SCHOOL HAS JUST BOUGHT TWO SMART BOARDS. THEY�RE EXCELLENT AND AS FAR AS I BOOKS ON THAT ARE CONCERNED I DON�T KNOW ANY BUT YOU CAN USE YOUR CREATIVITY  ON USIGN IT. THEY�RE SIMPLE MARVELLOUS. IT GIVES YOU ALL THAT YOU NEED TO IN TERMS OF INTERACTION WITH STUDENTS, STUDENTS BOARD INTERACTION AND SO ON.  BUY, BUY, BUY, BUY, BUY YOU WON�T REGREAT AT ALL.!! I�VE LEARNT HOW TO USE IT ON MY OWN. DON�T BE AFRAID, PLEASE JUST TEMM ME LATER ABOUR YOUR EXPERIENCE. [email protected]

21 Apr 2010     

kotyna
Czech Republic

There are many IWB friendly materias which go with coursebooks nowadays. I would recommend Headway which are also suitable for secondary school students. I have the best experience with Active board. There is also a special maturita Headway book.

21 Apr 2010     

szamoca
Hungary

Thanks for your answer mrlypy. We have the boards and we �ve just been trained to use it but the school still has some money to spend on digital material and the English teachers were asked to make suggestions for these materials.The thing is that I don �t really know any materials of this kind. We should spend the money for something really useful by the end of next week.

21 Apr 2010     

kotyna
Czech Republic

You may like to have a look at this website, there are many other coursebooks which have iTools.
http://www.oupeltpromo.com/interactive/oxford_itools_new_headway.php

21 Apr 2010     

Sulany
Brazil

Try these links. I �ve never used them, and they are not esl specific,  but you may find useful activities here:

link 1 ; link 2;   link 3

Have fun!
S.

22 Apr 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Free resources available on www.prometheanplanet.com

22 Apr 2010