Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > thoughts on beginner English    

thoughts on beginner English

libertybelle
United States

thoughts on beginner English

I am overwhelmed by the quality of the material all you fabulous teachers are making.
What time and effort has gone into your work. It shows great love, concern for your students
and enthusiasm!Clap

I love teaching my 10th graders because there are so many things to talk about and work with.

But these days I�m using a lot of time and effort on my beginner students, because a good foundation
is the starting point for speaking and understanding English well.

I haven�t found out yet if this site has categories by age, but I think it would be a good idea if it had.

To motivate young learners, it is important to play to learn. I don�t talk grammar with the small learners;
I sneak it in with the material I make for them. Later on I�ll explain grammar, but not at the beginning.

Small children love to sing, play games, draw and color. That is why many of my work sheets here are black and white pictures with small stories to learn vocabulary, coloring pictures to involve them in the learning process, and themes to keep them focused long enough to remember the words of each theme, such as The Seasons, Things in the Classroom, My Family and so on.
(my older students want lots of colors and photos and modern subjects) but thank goodness the younger ones are still motivated by a little story and big pictures.
If any of you also make materials for the younger classes, I would love it if you left a link here so I could see them.
Just thought I�d share some thoughts about teaching the young ones!
Happy Weekend

22 Nov 2008      

readingaol
Portugal

I teach children between 6 and 9 years old. They love to cut, paste, colour... I also play some games with them. They are so eager to learn... I have some worksheets, songs and some other stuff downloaded from many web sites and books. If you need anything email me: [email protected] or if you want to share something! :)

22 Nov 2008     

anatoren
Israel

Hi LiberrtyBelle,
Check these worksheets out

Anat

22 Nov 2008     

MadMadamMim
Serbia

Libertybelle, take a look at my animal games (Animal Game 1, Animal Game 2), I found that board games work great with all kinds of vocabulary, small children love them (:

22 Nov 2008     

poleta
Spain

Hello,I teach children from 3 to 9 years old they love stories ,songs and rhymes and I�ve made several power points...The problem is that 500Kb is too little... Here is one of my favourite Have a look and if you want you can use my e mail and I�ll send my power points...

I�m a beginner here in esl printables, but you can have a look to my pritables .By the way what age are your pupils?

22 Nov 2008