Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > shaking my head    

shaking my head

cauffeepot
Benin

shaking my head

Children are horrible little people.

12 May 2010      

imelda
Mexico

excuse me, are these kinds of comments allowed? Im a mother and personally i find it offensive. im sorry its just my opinion :(

12 May 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

DFTT

12 May 2010     

imelda
Mexico

???

12 May 2010     

imanito
Morocco

What do you mean by "children are horrible little people?"
what is your point behind this statement?

12 May 2010     

lapaoiza
Argentina

Caffeepot only uses his/her account to write on the forum board... He/she doesn�t contribute with wss... why is he disturbing here? Is it necessary to read his/her useless comments every day?

12 May 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

1. DFTT: Don �t feed the trolls.

Is used on chat rooms and forums to let others participating in the conversation know to not to talk to or participate with an individual trying to cause problems or other grief.

12 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

In our school we have a staff member with �special needs � (as he defines himself). He is over 30 years old and over 2 meters tall. He on some levels functions as a 3 year old but on other levels he is brilliant - he remembers everyone �s birthday and phonenumber for example. He gets extremely upset if children don �t say hello to him in the morning and doesn �t understand the fact that if he sees them (at the other side of the playground) that doesn �t necessarily mean they see him.... He can be a real pain, eating every unguarded piece of food in the teachers � room ( I once walked in on him while he was drinking the maple syrup that was meant for the 2nd graders � pancakes..)and throwing a tantrum whenever he doesn �t understand the simplest request but the school wouldn �t be the same without him. The children learn to greet him and not be too afraid when he barges into a classroom to complain someone didn �t say goodmorning. If you attend our school, he is part of your life.
Somehow, that is how I see cauffeepot, not to be taken too seriously, a bit of a lost soul with not much going for him in life, not doing any real harm, a bit of a pain but kind of sweet in his endless need for attention. Our very own special needs member....

12 May 2010     

ants
Switzerland

Well put, dear Marion!!
I think you �ve hit the nail on the head!!Hug

12 May 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Marion!! that was great! I agree with you

12 May 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Homeless turtle, your abbreviation is absolutely appropriate for this situation, but you have to admit having this post was worth it to get Marion �s story. Marion, congrats on your choice of approach to this post! I believe many of us have recognised the situation, in the same or similar form, with some of our present or former colleaguesWink!

12 May 2010     

1    2    Next >