Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > ESLP Downloader    

ESLP Downloader

Darkotsky
Tunisia

ESLP Downloader

Hi, I developed an application that helps premium members download their 30 free worksheets automatically and storing the Word files with their titles as they appear on the site. I developed this application because I like this site and I wanted contribute to its success. So I �m open to your suggestions if you want any special features or functionalities in it. The software is currently under development but it won �t take long before it �s released. I will provide you with a download links as soon as possible. You can send me your suggestions or inquiries in private messages, emails or simply in the forum. Any idea is welcome so don �t hold back.

13 May 2010      

GAZA_CHILD
Palestine

hi
thanks for the effort
you �re great :)

14 May 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

Sounds interesting... but I have a few questions. How would it work? Would it be the top 30 most downloaded files, including PPP and OL exercises? Would we be able to set any individual preferences on it; I.E. look for key words, black and white pintables only, ect? Could you program it to store the files in separate folders according to content? I would love to hear more about this, thank you for your effort!

14 May 2010     

Darkotsky
Tunisia

Thank you for your relies. Right now the program downloads the last 30 worksheets but I �m planning to extend the functionalities later by, for example, creating a database that will hold with each downloaded file its description(author �s description), title of the worksheet, date of download etc...and of course the database will be searchable and you �ll be able to filter results. the current version was developed for speed. the main purpose is to download the daily 30 worksheets without manual effort but I �m planning for improvements already(uploading functionality...). Looking forward to your suggestions and any kind of collaboration or help.

14 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

It is great that you want to make peoples lives more effecient but did you talk this thru with Victor? Since this is his site and he generally (if not always) bears the users in mind when developing or adding things, it seems to be correct to �play � this thru Victor.

I am a bit surprised by the automation...I literally browse all of the recent contributions, read many descriptions and download only what I really want (In order not to flood my computer with files i do not need) getting lots of ideas and learning things on the way..leaving a comment for everything I download. sometimes I download only one a day, or none, or 15, depending on what there is on offer and how it fits my teaching levels, style and preferences...
When you automate the process, you loose the possibility to choose, to write a personal comment, to learn from ideas etc....

14 May 2010     

Takenori
Chile

Darkotsky...THE BEST IDEA EVER! I �M REALLY INTERESTED IN YOUR PROGRAM! JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU �RE READY WITH IT. THAT �S WHAT MAKES THIS SITE INCREDIBLE! 

THANKS DARKOTSKY!

14 May 2010     

Takenori
Chile

on the other hand...I agree with marion =)
you should talk with Victor about it...because there is something interesting that we cannot forget...THE POINTS! :o

How will they be added to your account? :O

maybe...you could create an option to CHOOSE AND UNCHOOSE the printable you want :)

14 May 2010     

Darkotsky
Tunisia

Thank you for your replies, I started this topic here so everyone will be aware of the program including Victor and the other webmasters and administrators. As for the points, the program simulates the actions of a user so if you download a worksheet through the program it will be considered as if you downloaded the file directly from the website. So the author of the worksheet will be awarded his points. The other interesting feature of the program is the database that will hold information (title, date of download, author, description, size...) about every worksheet you download so it will be easier to manage you files later. And I almost forgot to mention this, the file name of each document will be like this "eslprintables-Poetry questions.doc" with "Poetry questions" being the title given by the author. This way it would be easier to know what the document is all about. Manual choice of the recent docs will be added later so you can choose what you �ll download.

14 May 2010