Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Possessive Adjectives    

Possessive Adjectives

Hijab
Brazil

Possessive Adjectives

Hi Folks,

Tomorrow I need to teach possessive adjectives to my 10 years old students - beginner level.
Do you have any funny idea of how to present this subject???

Thanks in advance,
Leila

16 May 2010      

samsunmustafa
Turkey

May be it can be useful :  At the beginning of the lesson you can collect some materials from children and can ask anyone Whose pencil? The answer will be �his pencil � showing the owner. You can practice all the possessive adj like that.

16 May 2010     

kodora
Greece

You can start by holding a pencil and saying "this  is my pencil".Ask them to  hold their pencil, rubber etc and urge them to say the same.Next, take a kid �s pencil and give it to him or her saying "this is your pencil".Ask them to do the same taking their partner �s.After that take a boy �s pencil point to him and say "This is his pencil".Do the same for the girls.Repeat it in chorus and then point to someone �s bag for example and the children say either individually or chorally "This is/It �s his/her bag �. Continue likewise �this is our classroom/school, this is your desk, this is their book".Meanwhile you can teach them some words eg rubber, ruler , sharpener etc if they haven �t learnt them yet.
Have a nice week!
Dora

16 May 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

yes, those ideas are good and well thought out....

If you want chaos in your classroom , (and who doesn �t) then do what I did and throw a ball at the kids. When a kid grabs it they say �mine � and everyone else cried �theirs / hers  and his �.

I also did �here / there � in this way.

17 May 2010     

Hijab
Brazil

Thank you sooooooooo much for sharing your great ideas. I have just applied them and we had a lot of fun.

All the best
Leila

17 May 2010