Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Itīs not fair    

Itīs not fair

mercader11
Venezuela

Itīs not fair

Hi everybody.
 I think itīs not fair. Iīve only got 8 points and canīt download all the material I need  since I am going to run out of my insignificant points.  I havenīt downloaded anything yet for I was waiting to get more points first so as to have more options when choosing the wss.  Other teachers have got more points than they really need not to mention any specific teachers but Iīve seen some with over xxx,xxx points, and THAT IS NOT FAIR.  The administrators ought to be more helpful with teachers who donīt have enough points  but some period of time as a member and have those top rated authors to help the many teachers whom I have observed, are crying out for their wss to be downloaded via the forum or other ways because they also like myself need to download printables from the site.
Or maybe demand those teachers having many points to donate them to others who need to give an appropiate use to them. because if they donīt need to use those poins to download wss others do need to use them.
And there are many teachers with a monopoly of points and thatīs not fair.
Well itīs only a suggestion and sorry if it hurts monopolizersī feelings.
thanks.
mercader11

20 May 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi! What are you exactly complaining about? You īve downloaded a worksheet on 9th January and another one on the 23rd, which means you haven īt contributed to the site for 4 months. And you want me, us to "donate" our points to you? Why would we want to do that? Create some worksheets and share them with us. Thatīs how you īre going to get points to use them as you like. That īs how we all get them. Thatīs fair enough to me!

Have a good night.
mena

20 May 2010     

melahel7
Canada

I īm kind of baffled right now.  What exactly are you whining about ?  Yes, some teachers are most skilled than others when it comes to use softwares.  Yes, overtime, some teachers have gathered a group of followers because of the quality of their printables.  It took me a couple of weeks as a newbie to figure out what people really wanted or needed from this website.  So I took that aspect into consideration and tried to figure out my own style and created two wonderful series that many people on this website came to appreciate.  I guess what I īm trying to say is: stop blaming others for your failure and learn to appropriately use the resources available.  There are many sections dealing with tutorials and templates, so you can īt go around and say that nobody īs helping.  I īm willing to lay a helping hand but you gotta meet me halfway.  ESLprintable.com is great community.  Be nice and lots of people will be willing to provide you with tips and more.

Cheers,

Melahel

20 May 2010     

lshorton99
China

Have you actually looked at the worksheets of the people you accuse of īmonopolising ī points on this site? They spend hours making quality worksheets for their students which they are kind enough to share with us despite not needing the points. They don īt have to do that but they respect the sharing spirit of this site. It encourages members to produce quality work which can be used by other teachers. The template section makes it as easy as possible for less computer literate users to make attractive worksheets which students will enjoy.

I really don īt understand your attitude - it just seems like you are complaining because you are too lazy to produce work to share with everyone else or that you expect to be able to have everything you want when you want it. I don īt allow my students to get away with that kind of attitude so I don īt see why it should be tolerated on this site. To be honest, I don īt think your whining is going to garner a great deal of support. As mena said - create some worksheets and you īll soon have enough points to download what you want.

That īs just my opinion however and I īm sorry if I īm being unduly harsh.

Lindsey

20 May 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

1. Get off your high horses

2. Roll up your sleeves

3. Get to work

4. Create worksheets to upload here

5. Earn your points. (yes, EARN like we all did)

6. Start downloading

7 Stop complaining

8. Repeat the process if necessary

Have a good day

20 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

I īve only be on this site a short time and I find it very easy to earn points Up to today I only had 39 and tonight to my biggest suprise I had already 52 a few minutes ago.
I guess I did something right ;) Yesssssssssssssssssssss
I made some friends too in only 2 days .... So start being positive and positive things will happend.

Good day or night

Babs ;)

20 May 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

OH MY GOD! is this for real??????  without words........   we dont need this kind of attitud here.... there is always google... you can use it to look for free worksheets...

20 May 2010     

mdros
Spain

Ishorton99 is absolutely right: This is a sharing community, the more you share , the more you are given. I īve been in this wonderful community for less than 3 weeks I think, and when I uploaded my first two pieces of work I was expecting no downloads at all as I realized the top quality round here. However, I didn īt give up and kept on uploading. To my surprise, people started downloading my wss ,even one of those ītop rated authors ī you mention, asked for my permission to share a song with the rest of the teachers!  On the other hand , this  is a huge community, so many wss or ppts may be not as successful as their authors would like to. I īve just had a look at your two wss and your designs are pretty good, so keep on uploading your work (most important) and I īm sure you īll start getting points.

20 May 2010     

roxette
Peru

Stop complaining and get to work a little bit more...
Disapprove we are here to help each other but don īt blame us because of your laziness. Here we all make a big effort to find time to create our own worksheets...it īs not only YOU working...and I do think that your coments about the other wss were mean and harsh...work on that too to live in peace  Hug
greetings from Peru!!!Big smile

20 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

manonski has said it all ...

20 May 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but I cannot agree entirely.

Many contributors offer their worksheets to download from other sources ... check them out.

And there are thousands of sites for you to download material from while you are short on points.

I suggest ...

bogglesworld or nancy-metz to name a few.

If you let us know exactly what you need we can suggest specific sites.

I īm sorry the response has been so harsh on you.Ouch
Stay positive.

20 May 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >