Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Why was my ´describing people mini book ´ reported?    

Why was my ´describing people mini book ´ reported?

Nana Lins
Brazil

Why was my ´describing people mini book ´ reported?

I would like to know why my worksheet entitled ´describing people mini book ´ was removed.
I think there was not anything wrong with it. Before removing it I think you should let us know why you did so.
I got a message saying that if there is nothing wrong with my worksheet, then tomorrow I will get the points. I don ´t care about the points, I have more than I need, I just want to help other teachers and that is why I spent the last two days creating that mini book.
Please, moderators, let me know why my worksheet was removed. That is all I ask.
Thank you in advance.

20 May 2010      

donapeter
Romania

Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on.
i ´ve just checked. 

20 May 2010     

Nana Lins
Brazil

Thank you!

20 May 2010     

alexcure
Poland

Hi Dona,

BTW, I am sorry but I am not up to date with watermarked cliparts, what do they look like?

Thank you,

Alex

20 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

watermarked clipart have a copyright symbol on them ... just like this ==> ©
If you use a picture or anything on your WS make sure they aren ´t copyright ;)

Hope I helped

Very truly,
Babs

20 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Babs,

You ´re almost right. ;)) Some watermarked images haven ´t got a copyright symbol on them - they just contain the name of the owner or their initials or the name of a website or some kind of abbreviation or or or... ;)

Best wishes - Silke

20 May 2010     

ituska
Slovakia

some cliparts have watermarks over them, eg

we are not allowed to use them... you can find some links to free cliparts here

20 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

My dog knows she is mine! She has no tattoo, no chip and she wouldn´t allow anyone to steal her from me, even if she sat in front of a supermarket alone. I seem to be better off than the owners of watermarked clipart. Maybe they should get a dog like Katie instead.

20 May 2010     

alexcure
Poland

Ok, thank you for your full explanations. I never use them, just didn ´t know they were called watermarked cliparts, ;-).

Have a good day....

20 May 2010