Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Postcard exchange    

Postcard exchange

eniarrol
France

Postcard exchange

Hello Again !
I sent a message a couple of days ago, and got just a few answers...
I am looking for English teachers who would be interested in a European postcard exchange.
This postcard exchange is for the moment only a project , that I would like to organize during the European week taking place in French schools around the 20th of October.
I would like making each of my pupil write to a different school in a European country. The topic would be  "my school" ( see suggested questions here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df8tkv38_15gbprbwwn
I hope I manage to have contact with about 20 different schools :), so that our class gets 20 postcards from 20 different schools/countries!
for each school to get a postcard from all the schools participating too, I want to share the addresses I get.
my students in  7th grade ( aged 12 to 13). with 2 years of English
If you are interested in this project, please let me know.
I hope to hear from you!

21 Sep 2008      

bentem
Norway

Hi
I can�t say that the whole class can send you a postcard, but if it helps I would like to send you one card from our school.
How can we do that if you want us to send you a card.
Bente

21 Sep 2008     

msecnj
Slovenia

Hi!

I�m interested to joun your project - I think it�s really a good idea. I�m looking forward to receiving the addresses from different countries.

Milena Secnjak

Primary School Vuzenica

Mladinska 3

2367 Vuzenica

5 Oct 2008     

eniarrol
France

Hello!
This is a message about the postcard exchange project again!
msecnj(Milena), thank you for your answer, I will add your address to the list of schools taking part in the project. Have you got an e-mail address, so I can send you all the other schools addresses too?
And Bentam, Im� sorry not to have answered sooner!! I have got a problem in fact! I forgot to add that this project  was taking place during the european week organised in french schools, and in theory, it�s for countries in the European Community. I know, it�s ridiculous in a way, because of course, Norway is in Europe! So, I don�t know what to do.... If you still want to participate, it�s OK, I can just explain to my students specific situation for Norway! what do you think?

PS I�m still looking for teachers in Europe interested in this project!! send a message here: [email protected]
Thank you!

5 Oct 2008     

santosrute
Portugal

Hi! I would like to participate in your project but I�m not a teacher in a public school. I�m working as a tutor in a Study Academy. I think it would be a good idea to motivate my students who have trouble studying English. If that�s ok, we will be glad to participate! Just say how and when!
I�ll wait for an answer. Bye!Wink

9 Oct 2008     

eniarrol
France

Hello santosrute,
I must say, teachers from Portugal are the most motivated!! That�s great!Thumbs Up
 Unfortunately, for this project to work, I need only one teacher from each country. I have already 2 schools in Portugal....
I�m so sorry to have to say no to you Cry for that reason...
Maybe we can stay in touch for a future project?
talk to you soon

12 Oct 2008     

santosrute
Portugal

Cry ok... I�ll wait for your next project. Thanks anyway***

13 Oct 2008     

samsunmustafa
Turkey

If you accept Turkey as a Eoropean country Im interested in your project.My students can send some postcards to France willingly.

11 Apr 2009