Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > PRE-PRIMARY OR INFANT EDUCATION MATERIALS     

PRE-PRIMARY OR INFANT EDUCATION MATERIALS

mandm
Spain

PRE-PRIMARY OR INFANT EDUCATION MATERIALS

Hi friends!
I �m willing to know what kind of materials do you use with your pre-primary students (3 to 5). Do you use a concrete method or book? or, do you prefer working with your own materials or worksheets? Any suggestions for teaching this level? Many thanks for your replies!!!!
Hugs from SpainTongue

25 May 2010      

lypau
Mexico

hi!

I �ve worked with kids of those ages and i really prefer to use my own material becuse i know exactly what i �m teaching and what are my students needs. 

why don �t you try with picture exercise as they don �t know how to write is better for them to learn using images and developing speaking skills

hope it helps you..
XOXO

25 May 2010     

mandm
Spain

I �m with you lypau, I consider essential to develop first oral skills (both speaking and listening). That �s why I use as much as possible flashcards, songs, stories, dvds. But I �m not sure of what type of worksheets are suitable for them or if they are necessary at this level.

25 May 2010     

kmochniak
Poland

You can �t really use worksheets. Kids at this age still think in pictures,not words. Your task is to get them to memorize as many English "sounds" as they can (sound meaning words). You are doing very well using songs,stories and dvds. Have them also do your commands in English. They will love running to sth which is red or blue:)

25 May 2010     

intra
Poland

Recently I �ve started teaching my sons (2 and 4 years old) with the use of "My First English Adventure Starter". The language input is generally based on songs, chants, pictures, TPR, but there are also some tasks such as coloring or pre-writing. I �ve chosen this course because while teaching such young children I prefer to depend on some structured syllabus, if you know what I mean, so as to avoid teaching just anything at random. Another reason is that my kids love the Disney characters the course presents. Anyway the younger boy seems to be a little bit bored at times (he �s in a difficult age ;) moms of rebellious 2-year-olds will know what I mean), but the older one fully participates and is engaged, but no longer than 30 minutes ;)

26 May 2010     

victoryturk1
Turkey

You need a lot of flashcards.If they don �t see something,they can �t learn easily.you can start with colours or animals..etc. Repetition is very important for them. I try to repeat all the flashcards they have learnt before each lesson. You should also use games or the kids should think what they are doing is a game( not a lesson) ıf you have internet connection in your classroom www.britishcouncil.org/kids-songs-aeroplanes.htm  is a great site and kids really like listening and watching a song at the same time or listening a story.

26 May 2010