Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Doubt about worksheet ´s sources    

Doubt about worksheet ´s sources

maria da rosa
Brazil

Doubt about worksheet ´s sources

Please members,
 I really would like your opinion about this. If you create a worksheet about famous person it �s wrong if you use information from the net? Aren �t they public? Specially if you write the fonts.I �m not talking about copy because in my opinion you can find them anywhere (tv,radio,computer, books and magazines),as public information.
I �m asking because sometimes I think that moderators could be more flexible!
If you agree or not with me, I wait for your opinion.

Thanks you all!

29 May 2010      

harleyquinn999
Brazil

Hi Maria!

I do agree with you, my dear!

Not just in your case (famous people), but images resources too. 

Comics, for example. If you write the fonts, isn �t a "true" copy, is it?

Thank you for this topic. I wish that moderators could be more

flexible too!

Hugs!

29 May 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i dont quite understand what you �re saying. you are allow to use information from the net IF:
 they are not from an esl site or book
make your own exercises

if you send and decorate paper with info about someone and do not add exercises, then that is a copy and it will be remove.

herley, we dont make the rules, we just help to keep this site clean, if anyone ever think that his/her ws was remove having following all the rules, then they can always go to victor and present him the problem. he is the owner and the one who can have the final decision.

29 May 2010     

yanogator
United States

Comics are generally copyright material, so they wouldn �t be allowed, even if you "rewrite" the text in a different font.

Bruce

29 May 2010