Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas please    

Ideas please

puddyd
Oman

Ideas please

Hi everyone from a very wet and windy Oman- the effects of cyclone Phet.

We have come to the end of our academic year and our syllabus is complete and so I was wandering if anyone could give me some ideas of something fun but educational to do with my students. I teach study skills to young adults in  a tourism college, so any ideas would be welcome as my brain has dried up ................
Tx in advance ;o)
Andrea

4 Jun 2010      

celia86
Argentina

Hi Andrea! I think it depends on your ss � level and interests, but all the same songs and movies are always good resources. Online exercises are also very useful and in this site you �ll find a lot of them!
Since they �re adults, maybe working with online magazines or newspapaers would be interesting, at least it works with my adult ss :)

Good luck

kisses from Argentina

4 Jun 2010     

fifey
United Kingdom

If you have access to computers you could get them to make a very simple holiday brochure. So learning takes place inside, and outside of the classroom, you could ask them to bring brochures from travel agents to compare. You could divide your students into 2 groups, and make it a kind of competition to see who designs the best brochure.
This shouldn �t just be a copy and paste job, your learners should understand what is entailed They would need to write a short piece about the place to visit, include some history, local calendar events etc. If it was a place that was close enough they could visit as part of the exercise. It could be somewhere they would long to go to. Then you could ask members here to give advice if they live close enough. You could use forum to maximise this.
Colour, cheerfulness would be the order for any brochure. Exciting, tempting. This is something that you could send to the place in question, and ask for feedback. This is what i think.

4 Jun 2010