Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Diaporamas!    

Diaporamas!

mariontx
Guadeloupe

Diaporamas!

Surfing on the web, I found this wonderful website, proposing hundreds of free powerpoint diaporamas, about litterature, history, etc;
http://www.pppst.com/index.html
very useful for people that lose liters of sweat to make a 1min30-long diaporama, like me.
Soon on holidays! Yes!
Enjoy!

10 Jun 2010      

mrlypy
Brazil

THANK YOU SO MUCH

10 Jun 2010     

miss-o
Portugal

Thank you:)

10 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Excellent site! Thanks for sharing!

10 Jun 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

Really useful, thanks a lot!!

Carina

10 Jun 2010     

redcamarocruiser
United States

What are diaporamas?

diaporama

- no dictionary results

11 Jun 2010     

gkole70
United States

Wow, that �s a fantastic site, but I have to admit I haven �t heard of diaporamas either. Is that related to diorama? (No diaper jokes, but I was tempted, heehee)

11 Jun 2010     

SueThom
United States

I hadn �t heard of diaporamas, either, but Wikipedia has this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaporama

Looks like they think it �s a fairly new word (2008).

11 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

diaporama is used in France to talk about "presentations" - it comes from the time we used "diapositives" (in english = slide films/pictures)
my grandparents used to have a lot of  slide films, and when I was a child we had "diaporama" nights: someone would set up the projector, and then we would watch together the old pictures projected on the wall. It was before they could buy a camera to film everything...

so in French, "diaporamas" are fairly old, but it �s nice to know it �s used in English now (here there �re so many english in our everyday language...)

i called powerpoints presentations diaporamas until i went to Minnesota and realized that was a French word... ;)

have a nice day!!!!

11 Jun 2010     

mariontx
Guadeloupe

Oupssss, didn �t know "diaporama" wasn �t used in English... Sorry for my gallicism :-)

11 Jun 2010