Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > What īs the English for...    

What īs the English for...

Krysstl
France

What īs the English for...

Dear colleagues !

The school year is coming to an end... And my teenaged pupils asked me : "could we play "action ou vérit� in English, please ??" But... I wonder... Can I say : "act or react" ? Or is there another expression ???  Wacko

Thank you for your kind help ! Wink

12 Jun 2010      

amyi
France

Hi there!  I would say īTruth or Dare �.  Enjoy the end of the year!

12 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I agree with amyi, the name of this game is "truth or dare"!
have fun

12 Jun 2010     

Babs1966
France

Hello,

Just coming in to say the same thing Wink
The name of the game is "Truth or dare!" indeed Thumbs Up

12 Jun 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Hi! Just curious Wink...how do you play it?
Thank you!

12 Jun 2010     

stefemma
France

definitely ītruth or dare �!

Have a nice week-end!

12 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

@Krystll: It īs "truth or dare"
@Mariannina: The game is played this way: One player challenges another saying "truth or dare". If the player says "truth", he/ she has to answer a question (usually a rather personal one) truthfully. If he/ she says "dare", he/ she has to do sth the other player orders him/ her to do (usually sth embarassing). If the player fails to answer truthfully or to do the thing he/ she is ordered to do, he/ she has to do sth ridiculous, like, for instance, start barking, otherwise he/ she is excluded from the game. If he/ she answers truthfully or does the "daring" act, he/ she challenges another player and so on.
It īs a really amusing game...And most of us who have played it have had some pretty embarassing momentsEmbarrassed

12 Jun 2010     

Krysstl
France

THANK  YOU  VERY  MUCH  FOR  YOUR  ANSWERS !! Clap

Now... I have to prepare cards with questions... LoL !! Confused

Dear French colleagues, where are you teachers ? In a primary school ? A Grammar School ? A Secondary School ? I īm for the first time in a grammar school with young pupils. Before, I taught in a secondary school and to BTS and licence students.
It īs very different and I īm not used to such games played at the end of the school year !! LoL LOL

PS : Magneto... you īre so... right !! Wink

12 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

i īm teaching near grenoble, last year i was in a senior high school (2nde, 1čre), this year i īm in a junior high (secondary school) and i īm loving it!!! it īs so much fun to play games and my school is really nice. but since i īm a "new" teacher i īll change schools next year... we īll see where i end up...
take care!

12 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

truth or dare - definitely! Btw, I love playing it with them!!! We used a cool juice bottle to spin in the middle and the person the cork pointed to after spinning had to choose a card - truth or dare, and then do the task on the card, and then spin again... Afterwards we had a vote on who tried to answer best and didn īt flinge or try to get away from doing the task, and the winner got the bottle of juice to drink. It was a hot summer day and he was the hero of the day! Since they had no idea it would be the prize, but kept watching it spin and got thirsty, I think there never was a more appreciated juice bottle in the history of mankind.

12 Jun 2010